🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account verification issue for Afghanistan fr...
Page options
3fc272be
Community Member

Account verification issue for Afghanistan freelancer

Hello, I am a freelancer from Afghanistan and I have freelancer account from last two years Recently, Upwork asked me to verify my account by providing my identity document and visual verification. However, I encountered a problem when I tried to do so. Afghanistan is not in the list of supported countries for account verification because of payment process issue. This means that I cannot verify my account using my Afghan passport or ID card. However, I have a bank account (WISE former wireTransfer)in the USA that I use to receive payments from Upwork. Therefore, I want to verify my account using my USA bank account information. Is there any way that I can do that? Can Upwork accept my USA bank account as a proof of identity and location? Or can Upwork make an exception for me and allow me to verify my account using my Afghan identity document? and also if I want to upload additional document to verify my identity the upload failed to load( Tried in different browsers) I really need to verify my account as soon as possible because I don't want to lose my access to Upwork and my clients. I have worked hard to build my reputation and portfolio on Upwork and I don't want to waste it. Please help me with this issue. I appreciate any advice or guidance from the community members and moderators. Thank you. Sincerely,
3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Mansoor,

Currently, we can't provide service in some locations like Afghanistan due to limitations with our payment partners. If the situation changes in the future, we'll make sure to update the Community.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

Just asking.. Then how he can able to use Upwork for the past two years?

Hi Ramesh,

I understand your concern. Unfortunately, I am unable to discuss other user's accounts on the public forum with you for confidentiality purposes. Thank you for your understanding. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members