Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account verified but still suspended

maxlion_timeless
Max M Member Since: Oct 4, 2017
1 of 8

Hi!

My colleague Vasyl (username - **Edited for Community Guidelines**) has some difficulties with his Upwork account. 

Last week he found his account suspended for some reason and received a message to verify his identity (by ID and billing statement). 

He passed the verification and got a message from Upwork Crew - 

"Hi Vasiliy, 

Congratulations! Your identification has been reviewed and accepted

Thanks for helping us maintain a trusted workplace for all

You can now submit proposals."

However, he logs into account and still has an "Account suspended" message. 

He also can't open the support ticket, because his support account is blocked, too. And can't make a post here in the community thread for the same reason. 

Can you help me and my colleague in this situation?

Thank you in advance!

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 8

Hi Max,

Note that we can't discuss other users' accounts nor share any account-specific information in the Community. Your friend's account is being addressed in line with our internal procedures and our team will continue to communicate with them as advised on their ticket.

Untitled
maxlion_timeless
3 of 8

Thank you for the reply, Vladimir!

Is the ticket you are talking about available in the Support dashboard?

Can we somehow get his support account unlocked? (he tries to log in to view the ticket but has been constantly redirected to the Upwork home page)

vladag
Community Manager
4 of 8

Hi Max,

Our team shared all the necessary information with the user in question and we can't share any other information with you.

Untitled
maxlion_timeless
5 of 8

We are located in the same office right now and he says that he didn't receive any questions. 

Can your team re-send a question and/or necessary information, so we can make sure that we get the appropriate support and feedback from your team? And start submitting proposals as it is stated in the message he received.

Thank you

vladag
Community Manager
6 of 8

Hi Max,

It looks like you misunderstood my response above, I apologize for the confusion. No questions were shared and we won't be able to continue discussing your friend's account here. Verifying a user's identity is one of the steps of the process our team uses in certain cases, so please refer to the information I shared above and advise the user to keep checking the notification they received for further updates..

Untitled
ehtisham-butt
Ace Contributor
Ehtisham B Member Since: Mar 15, 2019
7 of 8

Can you please tell me I am so tens.

My Upwork account is verified but it still shows on my account " Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support.". And I have rising talent badge but don't know why it disappears from my profile. Upwork community told me that my account is on hold and they asked me to verify my identity. I verified my identity but it shows message your account is suspended and I don't know why my rising talent badge is gone. Please check this and open my account again.

Thanks,

Ehtisham**Edited for Community Guidelines**

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
8 of 8

Hi Ehtisham,

I checked your account and see that you already have an open ticket regarding your account status. I'll follow up with the team that's handling your case and they will update you directly on the same ticket to assist further, thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS