cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account visibility set private by upwork

Himanshu M Member Since: May 30, 2017
1 of 90

Hello ,

Upwork has chnaged  my profile  visibility setting to private. It says it is due to not earning money since 30 days. Nut i would like to tell that.

I have regulary updated my profile and has sent around 50 proposals in last one month but didnt recevied any response from the clients. they prefer mostly the top rated freelancers or the freelancer they have already worked.

Out of that 50 proposals vere few revert to my proposale.

I just want to know is it my fault if i have not applying jobs on upwork. Instead every time i am looking where ineed to change my view of submitting proposal to get the job.

also Invites which i get is mostly from new clients whose payment is unverified and they post job and then nvr came to look that job again and it gets expired in a month or so. if sometimes we tried to apply to that job it remians as it is open, and even without any update it get expired and the connects which were used nvr get back.

Is there any solution how to get my profile visibilty public. As currently i am not looking for Premium mebership but in future i will do once i get more work and get more reputation.

now the few invites which i used to get they are also closed as my profile is privte now and i cant changes the status.

What to do know?????

Regards,

Himanshu

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 90

Hi Himanshu,

This feature does not count on how many jobs you have applied, your profile has been set to private because you haven`t earned any funds in the pat 30 days.
You can read more details about this on this Help Article

You have 3 options on how you can change the visibility:

1. You need to earn and your profile will be active.

2. Upgrade to our Plus Membership Plan.

3. You can contact our customer support to change the visibility on your profile for free.

Untitled
Himanshu M Member Since: May 30, 2017
3 of 90

Hi  Goran,

thank you for the reply.

I have already tried the third option, but not able to rasie my ticket to custoemr support. I tiried it many times. but not successful in that.

Regards,

Himanshu

Harold S Member Since: Sep 23, 2017
4 of 90

Put my profile in private automatically, That is ridiculous, and does not help to have more clients, I did not ask for that, I want my profile always, I work regularly and you are with 20% of everything, what more do you want? I even got a contract yesterday, I return my profile as it was, please.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 90

Hi Harold,

Please go to Find Work page on your account and use the options listed in a pop-up message when you click on your visibility status to set your profile back to public.

Community Leader
Grant C Member Since: Sep 8, 2017
6 of 90

Can you please reset mine to visible?  Thank you

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 90

Hi Grant, 

We'll have an agent from the Customer Support Team revert your profile back to public shortly. 

If your profile is set to private again after 30-days, or sometime in the future, check out the options listed in the email notification or in the pop up on Find Work page to set it back to public.

Grant, I checked your account and can see that your profile was not set to private because you haven't earned in the past 30-days. Please go to your Settings > Profile Settings > My Profile > Visibility, and set your profile according to how you want to be seen on the marketplace. 

Screenshot from November 9, 2017 12-27 PM.png

-Avery
Untitled
Vitaliy D Member Since: Nov 19, 2017
8 of 90

Can you please reset mine to visible?  Thank you. Will be very pleasure .

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 90

Hi Vitaliy,

Could you please follow the steps we shared earlier on this thread and let us know if you were able to set your profile back to public?

"Please note that you can easily change your profile back to public by clicking on the profile visibility tag on the Find Work page and using the link as explained in the pop-up note and the email notification you received. Let us know if you need further guidance and refer to the notification for more information about the initiative due to which your profile visibility was updated automatically, and how you can avoid future changes.

Note that while your profile is private you can still use your account as usual and your proposals will be displayed to your clients, only your profile won't appear in search results."

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
10 of 90

Hi Himanshu,

Can you take a screenshot from your end and send it to me on what do you see when you try to raise a ticket.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS