cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account visibility set private by upwork

Jake L Member Since: May 31, 2018
91 of 109

Thank you Nina!  Can you tell me what I did wrong or how I can reset it if it happens again?  Thanks again.

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
92 of 109

Hi Jake,

You should be able to create a ticket and if you keep getting redirected back to the help page then I would suggest trying from an alternate browser or clearing your cache and cookies. I did check your support options but wasn't able to replicate the issue.

To give you a brief context -- freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan, or get in touch with us again. You can check out more info about this here.

~Nina
Iwan S Member Since: May 21, 2017
93 of 109

Hi,

I've had this happen a couple times now over the last few months, and I just can't 

understand the logic behind it.  Could someone explain the reason for this rule ?

Thanks,

Iwan

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
94 of 109

Hi Iwan, 

Here's an excerpt from the support article about setting profiles to private: 

If an established freelancer doesn't earn money on Upwork for 30 days, their profile visibility will automatically change to private. If you aren't regularly earning on our platform, your profile may be set to private, even if you submit proposals and interview frequently.

Private profiles are not shown in search and will not be seen by clients unless you submit a proposal to their job. This will:

• Improve client search results by showing them more active freelancers.
  • Reward freelancers for working and getting paid through Upwork by ensuring that their profiles appear instead of inactive or unavailable freelancers in search results.
  • Protect clients and freelancers from off-platform work, which is against our Terms of Service.

You may read more about it here.

-Avery
Untitled
Tom R Member Since: Jul 2, 2018
95 of 109

Hi, I've had my visibility set to Private for not earning within 30 days. However, I am currently in the middle of a contract and have submitted work and am now waiting to be paid by the client. Hence am requesting to have my profile set back to public. Kind regards.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
96 of 109

Hi Tom,

I just set your profile visibility back to public. Let us know if we may be of further assistance.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Martin A Member Since: Nov 2, 2018
97 of 109

I've been very recently active, but just had my profile set back to private. It's really annoying. How can I get it set public again?

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
98 of 109

Hi Martin,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Keep in mind that freelancers are hidden from the search results but clients to who you have submitted a proposal will be able to view your profile.

You can check out more info about this here. Thank you!

~ Jo-An

Untitled
DLoreyn W Member Since: Apr 12, 2019
99 of 109
I requested that Upwork reactivate my account yesterday using a button at the bottom of a support article on the topic. Today, I found a blank help request in my support requests folder. Is anyone working on my request? When can I expect to have my account function properly again? I've been applying to jobs, but it doesn't seem as if any of the messages are being received. I would really like some help with this problem.
-D'Loreyn
Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
100 of 109

Hi DLoreyn,

I can confirm that your account is back to public and see that you have already sent proposals. 

You may want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

Let me know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS