Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account visibility set private by upwork

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
91 of 116

Hello Edith,

Your profile visibility has been changed to public.

~Nina
Highlighted
Edvard M Member Since: Feb 1, 2018
92 of 116

Can you please make my profile visible again?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
93 of 116

Hi Edvard,

Your profile visibility will be changed shortly, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Zach B Member Since: May 9, 2018
94 of 116

I can understand the rationale behind setting someone's profile to private automatically if they haven't used the platform or searched for work in the past 30 days.  Clients don't want to see inactive freelancers in their search results.  However, if someone is actively looking for work, why set their profile to private simply for having a string of bad luck?

It feels as if we're being punished for not landing clients by making it even harder for clients to find us.

Also, I would like to have mine set back to visible, if possible.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
95 of 116

Hi Zach,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Keep in mind that freelancers are hidden from the search results but clients to who you have submitted a proposal will be able to view your profile.

You can check out more info about this here. Thank you!

Untitled
Highlighted
Jake L Member Since: May 31, 2018
96 of 116

I’m still very new to Upwork and my profile has been set to ‘Private’. I am having the same issue, there is no link to change back to active or public. When I click Customer Service it just takes me to the help page and tells me the same thing. Can someone please direct me to the correct link or let me know what I am doing wrong?  Thanks much!

Highlighted
Community Guru
97 of 116

Hi Jake,

I've gone ahead and reset your profile visibility and you are now again seen from the search resul;ts.

~Nina
Highlighted
Jake L Member Since: May 31, 2018
98 of 116

Thank you Nina!  Can you tell me what I did wrong or how I can reset it if it happens again?  Thanks again.

Highlighted
Community Guru
99 of 116

Hi Jake,

You should be able to create a ticket and if you keep getting redirected back to the help page then I would suggest trying from an alternate browser or clearing your cache and cookies. I did check your support options but wasn't able to replicate the issue.

To give you a brief context -- freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan, or get in touch with us again. You can check out more info about this here.

~Nina
Highlighted
Iwan S Member Since: May 21, 2017
100 of 116

Hi,

I've had this happen a couple times now over the last few months, and I just can't 

understand the logic behind it.  Could someone explain the reason for this rule ?

Thanks,

Iwan

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS