cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account visibility set private by upwork

Highlighted
Charles Nicolas M Member Since: Oct 22, 2020
11 of 116

Totally Unmderstandable but please make my profile sety on public again.. That's my main issue.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
12 of 116

Hi Charles Nicolas,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile when you submit a proposal for their job post. For more information, please check out this help article. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Vitaliy D Member Since: Nov 19, 2017
13 of 116

Can you please reset mine to visible?  Thank you. Will be very pleasure .

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
14 of 116

Hi Vitaliy,

Could you please follow the steps we shared earlier on this thread and let us know if you were able to set your profile back to public?

"Please note that you can easily change your profile back to public by clicking on the profile visibility tag on the Find Work page and using the link as explained in the pop-up note and the email notification you received. Let us know if you need further guidance and refer to the notification for more information about the initiative due to which your profile visibility was updated automatically, and how you can avoid future changes.

Note that while your profile is private you can still use your account as usual and your proposals will be displayed to your clients, only your profile won't appear in search results."

Highlighted
Melanie S Member Since: Nov 5, 2019
15 of 116
The steps worked the first time but my profile was again set to private and has not been reopened despite my following the link.
Keeping an open profile seems like a basic right of the service, not a perk for making money.
It is very hard to begin making money on upwork now.
Highlighted
Janine D Member Since: Jul 22, 2019
16 of 116
Completely agree! Most of my jobs have come from those who have requested my services, instead of those I pitched. This is highly prohibitive for my profile.
Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
17 of 116

Hi Melanie, and Janine,

Melanie, your account visibility is now set to public. Please note that freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here.

Janine, your profile visibility is already set to public. Feel free to follow up if you have any questions or requests and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Andy S Member Since: Jul 11, 2019
18 of 116

I HATE this policy. Upwork has made a lot of money off of my work in the past, yet 30 days without working on Upwork sets your profile to private? The term should be longer than 30 days, especially for freelancers who have over 10k in earnings.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
19 of 116

Hi Andy,

Your profile visibility has been updated. This program is a reward for freelancers who regularly earn on the platform, and a trust and safety measure to prevent off-platform payments. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Janine D Member Since: Jul 22, 2019
20 of 116

i have repeatedly asked for my profile to be set back to public; it has been re-set in the past within 72 hours, now after repeated requests, it is still private after 7 days. Why would you hold me hostage? I am trying to get established and my best work has come not from clients i have pitched but those who have found me.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS