cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account visibility set private by upwork

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
41 of 93

Hi Rey,

One of our agents will contact you directly via ticket.

Untitled
Rustem Y Member Since: Sep 18, 2017
42 of 93

Hi Goran,

Could you ask Upwork agents contact me as well please? I have the same issue with profile visibility and raising new tickets.

Thank you,

Rustem

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
43 of 93

Rustem,

I see you were able to send a ticket to the team. They'll address it as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Audre-Anna D Member Since: Jul 26, 2017
44 of 93

hi there my profile's visibility was changed to private because I have not been earning. Is it possible to have it changed to public.

45 of 93

Hi Audre-Anna,

When you hover your mouse over the visibility settings on your Find Work page, you'll see the options you have to get your profile set back to public again. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
46 of 93

re: "Put my profile in private automatically, That is ridiculous, and does not help to have more clients, I did not ask for that, I want my profile always, I work regularly and you are with 20% of everything, what more do you want? I even got a contract yesterday, I return my profile as it was, please."

It is not ridiculous.

And it is not meant to "help you to have more clients."

It is meant to help Upwork have more clients, and thus earn more money.

By hiding non-earning freelancers from search results, Upwork enhances the client experience. Clients are shown results which are more likely to lead to them finding active freelancers and having a positive experience.

If you got a contract today, then congratulations! That's a good thing! You'll be able to be one of the freelancers whose profiles are not made private. And you will want YOUR profile (not the profiles of freelancers who never get hired or don't even use the platform any more) to be shown to searching clients.

Ace Contributor
Sergey S Member Since: May 6, 2015
47 of 93

can someone tell me how long would it take to set my profile visible to upwork users again once I submitted a ticket?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
48 of 93

Hi Sergey, 

I've followed up on your ticket and your profile should be set to public soon. Thank you for your patience.

-Avery
Untitled
Attilio S Member Since: Oct 11, 2017
49 of 93

Hi Avery !

My account is private and it is impossible to switch to public

May you help me ? 

Thank you in advance

Attilio Sacco

50 of 93

Hi Attilio,

Your profile visibility has already been reset. If it's set to private in the future, you can use one of the options listed in the email notification to have it set back to public.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS