61 of 93

Hi Valeria,

Wow, that was fast! Thank you Smiley Happy

Sincerely,

Davor

Alexander P Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
62 of 93

Hello,

Could you please change my profile visibility back to public? 

I tried to create a ticket using "contact customer support" link in the visibility tab in my profile but it didn't worked. 

Thanks. 

Community Guru
Jutta B Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
63 of 93

WHY is upwork doing this anyways???

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
64 of 93

Hi Jutta,

You can find more information about the campaign to promote active earners in this announcement.

65 of 93

Hi Alexander,

Your profile visibility has been updated but please note that some users from your country who also reported having the same issue confirmed that using a proxy helped them with submitting a support request.

Community Guru
66 of 93

Thanks Vladimir. would I be correct in stating that if you are a plus - member this doesn't apply?

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
67 of 93

Hi Jutta,

Yes, that is correct, freelancers subscribed to Plus membership won't have their profiles set to private in search results, as well as freelancers who have earned in the last 30 days. Note that freelancers can use one of the two options offered on their home page and update their profile visibility in minutes, free of charge.

Community Guru
68 of 93

so, if freelancers can do that - why go through the hassle?

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
69 of 93

@Jutta B wrote:

so, if freelancers can do that - why go through the hassle?

Because the ones who truly are inactive or who never make any money despite ongoing bidding won't do it, so the net effect is exactly what was intended--to get those who aren't active or who aren't getting hired out of the search results.

Tim S Member Since: Oct 23, 2017
70 of 93

Yes I have also contacted customer support a couple of times and nothing has been done to change my visibilty. Please change this back so I have public visibility. Thanks.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS