Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account visibility set private by upwork

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
71 of 93

Hi Tim, 

You stated you have contacted support several times, however I dont see any tickets created. Were you unable to contact support? 

Untitled
Jenny H Member Since: Dec 24, 2015
72 of 93

Good day!

Last September 6, 2017, I received an email from Upwork regarding the change of my profile to private. I was stopped from work due to family matters to attend to, but now I am ready to work and earn through the platform. I am requesting your good office to have my profile set to public once again. As you can see from my profile I earned through various projects. I am willing to work and be active again on the platform, in order to do this, I would like to request my profile set to public in order to be given a higher chance to be searched easily by prospect clients. This will enable me to find a job and earn. I hope someone could help me?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
73 of 93

Hi Jenny,

Please note that you can easily change your profile back to public by clicking on the profile visibility tag on the Find Work page and using the link as explained in the pop-up note and the email notification you received. Let us know if you need further guidance and refer to the notification for more information about the initiative due to which your profile visibility was updated automatically, and how you can avoid future changes.

Note that while your profile is private you can still use your account as usual and your proposals will be displayed to your clients, only your profile won't appear in search results.

Arthur J Member Since: Jan 27, 2017
74 of 93

Does private profile seen in proposals? In other words Is it visible to a client whom I sent proposal? Thnx.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
75 of 93

@Arthur J wrote:

Does private profile seen in proposals? In other words Is it visible to a client whom I sent proposal? Thnx.

Yes, your profile is shown exactly as always to clients whose jobs you apply to.

Edith F Member Since: Dec 21, 2017
76 of 93

Can you please make my profile visible again?

There is no link/email to change it even though you guys keep saying there is and it's also impossible to contact customer support, I have tried many times.

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
77 of 93

Hello Edith,

Your profile visibility has been changed to public.

~Nina
Untitled
Edvard M Member Since: Feb 1, 2018
78 of 93

Can you please make my profile visible again?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
79 of 93

Hi Edvard,

Your profile visibility will be changed shortly, thank you.

Untitled
Zach B Member Since: May 9, 2018
80 of 93

I can understand the rationale behind setting someone's profile to private automatically if they haven't used the platform or searched for work in the past 30 days.  Clients don't want to see inactive freelancers in their search results.  However, if someone is actively looking for work, why set their profile to private simply for having a string of bad luck?

It feels as if we're being punished for not landing clients by making it even harder for clients to find us.

Also, I would like to have mine set back to visible, if possible.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS