Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account visibility set private by upwork

Highlighted
Lubov B Member Since: Oct 16, 2017
71 of 116

Hi,

Mine was changed to private by UpWork as well even though I max out my 50 connects monthly and have active candidacies ...

I have submitted a ticket request.

Please revert me back to being visible.

Thank you!

Lubov

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
72 of 116

Hi Lubov, 

The Customer Support Team has already set your profile to public. If your profile is set to private again after 30-days, or sometime in the future, check out the options listed in the email notification or in the pop up on Find Work page to set it back to public.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Davor M Member Since: Oct 17, 2017
73 of 116

Hi, 

I've contacted Customer Support to revert my profile from Private to Public. 

Support mailed me automated response that would switch my profile back to public within 72 hours but I saw some older posts in other topic (from a few months ago) and then Support has switched profiles relatively quickly (within 3 hours).

There are no recent post specifically about time to Support response, so when can I expect it to be solved?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Davor

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
74 of 116

Hi Davor,

Your profile visibility has already been reset and it will be showing in search. Please, note that even when your profile is set to private, it can be accessed by clients whose jobs you apply to.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Davor M Member Since: Oct 17, 2017
75 of 116

Hi Valeria,

Wow, that was fast! Thank you Smiley Happy

Sincerely,

Davor

Highlighted
Alexander P Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
76 of 116

Hello,

Could you please change my profile visibility back to public? 

I tried to create a ticket using "contact customer support" link in the visibility tab in my profile but it didn't worked. 

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jutta B Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
77 of 116

WHY is upwork doing this anyways???

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
78 of 116

Hi Jutta,

You can find more information about the campaign to promote active earners in this announcement.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
79 of 116

Hi Alexander,

Your profile visibility has been updated but please note that some users from your country who also reported having the same issue confirmed that using a proxy helped them with submitting a support request.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jutta B Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
80 of 116

Thanks Vladimir. would I be correct in stating that if you are a plus - member this doesn't apply?

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS