cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account visibility set private by upwork

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
71 of 109

Hi Jutta,

You can find more information about the campaign to promote active earners in this announcement.

72 of 109

Hi Alexander,

Your profile visibility has been updated but please note that some users from your country who also reported having the same issue confirmed that using a proxy helped them with submitting a support request.

Community Guru
Jutta B Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
73 of 109

Thanks Vladimir. would I be correct in stating that if you are a plus - member this doesn't apply?

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
74 of 109

Hi Jutta,

Yes, that is correct, freelancers subscribed to Plus membership won't have their profiles set to private in search results, as well as freelancers who have earned in the last 30 days. Note that freelancers can use one of the two options offered on their home page and update their profile visibility in minutes, free of charge.

Community Guru
Jutta B Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
75 of 109

so, if freelancers can do that - why go through the hassle?

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
76 of 109

@Jutta B wrote:

so, if freelancers can do that - why go through the hassle?

Because the ones who truly are inactive or who never make any money despite ongoing bidding won't do it, so the net effect is exactly what was intended--to get those who aren't active or who aren't getting hired out of the search results.

Tim S Member Since: Oct 23, 2017
77 of 109

Yes I have also contacted customer support a couple of times and nothing has been done to change my visibilty. Please change this back so I have public visibility. Thanks.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
78 of 109

Hi Tim, 

You stated you have contacted support several times, however I dont see any tickets created. Were you unable to contact support? 

Untitled
Jenny H Member Since: Dec 24, 2015
79 of 109

Good day!

Last September 6, 2017, I received an email from Upwork regarding the change of my profile to private. I was stopped from work due to family matters to attend to, but now I am ready to work and earn through the platform. I am requesting your good office to have my profile set to public once again. As you can see from my profile I earned through various projects. I am willing to work and be active again on the platform, in order to do this, I would like to request my profile set to public in order to be given a higher chance to be searched easily by prospect clients. This will enable me to find a job and earn. I hope someone could help me?

80 of 109

Hi Jenny,

Please note that you can easily change your profile back to public by clicking on the profile visibility tag on the Find Work page and using the link as explained in the pop-up note and the email notification you received. Let us know if you need further guidance and refer to the notification for more information about the initiative due to which your profile visibility was updated automatically, and how you can avoid future changes.

Note that while your profile is private you can still use your account as usual and your proposals will be displayed to your clients, only your profile won't appear in search results.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS