cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account visibility set private by upwork

Arthur J Member Since: Jan 27, 2017
81 of 109

Does private profile seen in proposals? In other words Is it visible to a client whom I sent proposal? Thnx.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
82 of 109

@Arthur J wrote:

Does private profile seen in proposals? In other words Is it visible to a client whom I sent proposal? Thnx.

Yes, your profile is shown exactly as always to clients whose jobs you apply to.

Edith F Member Since: Dec 21, 2017
83 of 109

Can you please make my profile visible again?

There is no link/email to change it even though you guys keep saying there is and it's also impossible to contact customer support, I have tried many times.

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
84 of 109

Hello Edith,

Your profile visibility has been changed to public.

~Nina
Edvard M Member Since: Feb 1, 2018
85 of 109

Can you please make my profile visible again?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
86 of 109

Hi Edvard,

Your profile visibility will be changed shortly, thank you.

Untitled
Zach B Member Since: May 9, 2018
87 of 109

I can understand the rationale behind setting someone's profile to private automatically if they haven't used the platform or searched for work in the past 30 days.  Clients don't want to see inactive freelancers in their search results.  However, if someone is actively looking for work, why set their profile to private simply for having a string of bad luck?

It feels as if we're being punished for not landing clients by making it even harder for clients to find us.

Also, I would like to have mine set back to visible, if possible.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
88 of 109

Hi Zach,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Keep in mind that freelancers are hidden from the search results but clients to who you have submitted a proposal will be able to view your profile.

You can check out more info about this here. Thank you!

Untitled
Jake L Member Since: May 31, 2018
89 of 109

I’m still very new to Upwork and my profile has been set to ‘Private’. I am having the same issue, there is no link to change back to active or public. When I click Customer Service it just takes me to the help page and tells me the same thing. Can someone please direct me to the correct link or let me know what I am doing wrong?  Thanks much!

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
90 of 109

Hi Jake,

I've gone ahead and reset your profile visibility and you are now again seen from the search resul;ts.

~Nina
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS