Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account visibility set private by upwork

wordyblend
Alexander P Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
81 of 125

Hello,

Could you please change my profile visibility back to public? 

I tried to create a ticket using "contact customer support" link in the visibility tab in my profile but it didn't worked. 

Thanks. 

jutta_beinker
Community Guru
Jutta B Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
82 of 125

WHY is upwork doing this anyways???

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
83 of 125

Hi Jutta,

You can find more information about the campaign to promote active earners in this announcement.

Untitled
vladag
Community Manager
84 of 125

Hi Alexander,

Your profile visibility has been updated but please note that some users from your country who also reported having the same issue confirmed that using a proxy helped them with submitting a support request.

Untitled
jutta_beinker
Community Guru
85 of 125

Thanks Vladimir. would I be correct in stating that if you are a plus - member this doesn't apply?

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
vladag
Community Manager
86 of 125

Hi Jutta,

Yes, that is correct, freelancers subscribed to Plus membership won't have their profiles set to private in search results, as well as freelancers who have earned in the last 30 days. Note that freelancers can use one of the two options offered on their home page and update their profile visibility in minutes, free of charge.

Untitled
jutta_beinker
Community Guru
87 of 125

so, if freelancers can do that - why go through the hassle?

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
88 of 125

@Jutta B wrote:

so, if freelancers can do that - why go through the hassle?

Because the ones who truly are inactive or who never make any money despite ongoing bidding won't do it, so the net effect is exactly what was intended--to get those who aren't active or who aren't getting hired out of the search results.

timstubinski
Tim S Member Since: Oct 23, 2017
89 of 125

Yes I have also contacted customer support a couple of times and nothing has been done to change my visibilty. Please change this back so I have public visibility. Thanks.

lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
90 of 125

Hi Tim, 

You stated you have contacted support several times, however I dont see any tickets created. Were you unable to contact support? 

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS