cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account visibility set private by upwork

Jake L Member Since: May 31, 2018
81 of 90

I’m still very new to Upwork and my profile has been set to ‘Private’. I am having the same issue, there is no link to change back to active or public. When I click Customer Service it just takes me to the help page and tells me the same thing. Can someone please direct me to the correct link or let me know what I am doing wrong?  Thanks much!

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
82 of 90

Hi Jake,

I've gone ahead and reset your profile visibility and you are now again seen from the search resul;ts.

~Nina
Untitled
Jake L Member Since: May 31, 2018
83 of 90

Thank you Nina!  Can you tell me what I did wrong or how I can reset it if it happens again?  Thanks again.

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
84 of 90

Hi Jake,

You should be able to create a ticket and if you keep getting redirected back to the help page then I would suggest trying from an alternate browser or clearing your cache and cookies. I did check your support options but wasn't able to replicate the issue.

To give you a brief context -- freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan, or get in touch with us again. You can check out more info about this here.

~Nina
Untitled
Iwan S Member Since: May 21, 2017
85 of 90

Hi,

I've had this happen a couple times now over the last few months, and I just can't 

understand the logic behind it.  Could someone explain the reason for this rule ?

Thanks,

Iwan

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
86 of 90

Hi Iwan, 

Here's an excerpt from the support article about setting profiles to private: 

If an established freelancer doesn't earn money on Upwork for 30 days, their profile visibility will automatically change to private. If you aren't regularly earning on our platform, your profile may be set to private, even if you submit proposals and interview frequently.

Private profiles are not shown in search and will not be seen by clients unless you submit a proposal to their job. This will:

• Improve client search results by showing them more active freelancers.
  • Reward freelancers for working and getting paid through Upwork by ensuring that their profiles appear instead of inactive or unavailable freelancers in search results.
  • Protect clients and freelancers from off-platform work, which is against our Terms of Service.

You may read more about it here.

-Avery
Untitled
Tom R Member Since: Jul 2, 2018
87 of 90

Hi, I've had my visibility set to Private for not earning within 30 days. However, I am currently in the middle of a contract and have submitted work and am now waiting to be paid by the client. Hence am requesting to have my profile set back to public. Kind regards.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
88 of 90

Hi Tom,

I just set your profile visibility back to public. Let us know if we may be of further assistance.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Martin A Member Since: Nov 2, 2018
89 of 90

I've been very recently active, but just had my profile set back to private. It's really annoying. How can I get it set public again?

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
90 of 90

Hi Martin,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Keep in mind that freelancers are hidden from the search results but clients to who you have submitted a proposal will be able to view your profile.

You can check out more info about this here. Thank you!

~ Jo-An

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS