cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account was closed with no reason.

Alex S Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
1 of 9

Hello everybody,

I get a new notification that my Financial transactions have been limited. I contact the chat support, which says issue is resolvable and I'll get a response soon. Then after waiting, I get a response saying

*** Removed by Moderator***

So, there are no conclusive response, no straight forward answer. Just blocked because of no reason. Sent message in response to this but they dont care to reply even. And I can bet on anything. I'm not sure what to do of this but I thought posting this is in the community forum might get me some help.

Thanks,

-Alex

Community Guru
Mario C Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
2 of 9

this is the common behaivour  of the oDesk support.  

Vladimir D Member Since: Apr 16, 2015
3 of 9

Same thing happened with me today. I had all 5 star rating jobs, worked for 5,6 contractors, with one made a long term connection. They have limited my account 10 days ago,8 days after I have got response from their risk team. I have provided all informations they required, uploaded all my documents yesterday. And today i have got an answer:

*** edited by Moderator***

Without any explaination. I didnt violated any terms of service nor policy. Why this happened? Don't you care for your users? Is it a problem if I work hard and put effort? And then you ban me, take my fairly earned money and took me ability to work.

If something is violated that is violation of Universal declaration of human rights by United Nations A/RES/217

Article 23.

• (1) Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.
  • (2) Everyone, without any discrimination, has the right to equal pay for equal work.
  • (3) Everyone who works has the right to just and favourable remuneration ensuring for himself and his family an existence worthy of human dignity, and supplemented, if necessary, by other means of social protection.
  • (4) Everyone has the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests.

Please review you desicion and give me oportunity to work!!!

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
4 of 9

Hi Vladimir,

I see that you have been in contact with our Customer Support team. I pinged them to get in contact with you and update you on the status of your account. 

Thanks,

Lena

Untitled
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
5 of 9

Hi Alex,

I was able to find your ticket and it looks as if you have been in contact with one of our Customer Support agents. I will ping her and let her know that you are looking for further explanation. I edited your post because it is against our Community guidelines to post e-mail content.

In the meantime review prohibited behavior guidelines, this will give you some guidance on why accounts are suspended.

Thanks,

Lena

Untitled
6 of 9

Hi Lena,

I have read all  prohibited behavior guidelines and again I dont see any reason why is my account blocked. You tought I have same account like my employer. He is from UK, I am from Serbia. Few 1000km away from each other. I do everything by rules, he is pleased with my work, he said to me many times I am best freelancer he ever worked with. And then right from the sky BAN. Please, I have sent you all my documents, I will provide any information you need, but this is just not fair.

If i did something wrong, I would shut my mouth and wouldn't say even a word.

Once again, please check IP address, check logs, check documents, enable my account.

Edit: Thank you for your quick response. I have asked them again to review their desicion.

Alex S Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
7 of 9

Hi, Lena.

Thank you. But i stil didn't have any new messages from support.

But already have conflict with client because of this situation.

8 of 9

This were frustrating 2 weeks, but I am glad to confirm that my account is active again.

Although last ticket recieved from Support was negative, this morning I have recieved another one and now everything is ok.

I would like to say thanks to them and to Valeria and Lena for helping me here on this issue. 

I have sent them new question, about my former employer - Is he a valid one or not because I think that was some kind of a problem. Altough he was very good to me and we have done great work. I will report back to you all when I get further informations about that, so you can all avoid that kind of employers.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 9

It's great to hear that your account has been resumed, Vladimir! Thank you very much for coming back and updating the thread.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS