cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting vs Financial Analysis

Petar T Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
1 of 6

I don't know whether I am writing in the right place, so please correct me if I am wrong.

I would like to suggest you one change in the job categories:

Current status: Accounting and Financial Analysis are part of the Accounting and Consulting category. There is only one sub-category related to Financial Analysis, i.e. Financial Planning.

Proposal: Split this into 2 categories: 1 - Accounting; 2 - Financial Analysis. The thing is that these two topics are closely related but essentially different. An Accountant knows the basics of Financial Analysis but cannot do it in an efficient manner like a professional Financial Analyst. The opposite is also valid, i.e. the Financial Analyst knows the basics of accounting but cannot be a bookkeeper to somebody.

Under Accounting, there can be bookkeeping, consulting, tax consultants etc...

Under Financial Analysis, there could be Financial Analysis, Financial Planning, Financial Modelling, Valuation, Consulting, Other.

Effects: Client could better find the freelancer they are searching for. Freelancers can find the jobs that better suits their skills.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Petar,

Thank you for your suggestion, I've shared it with the team.

Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
BEST ANSWER
3 of 6

Vladimir,

As a Certified Public Accountant  and experienced Chief Financial Officer, I echo Petar's suggestion.

Joe

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
Petar T Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
4 of 6

Hi Vladimir,

is there any response from your team members?

Best,

Petar

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 6

Hi Petar,

Since such changes involve some major restructuring, it is not something likely to be implemented soon. However, the team will keep it in mind for future redesigns.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Krunal K Member Since: Mar 16, 2019
6 of 6

It's really good clarity statement for all but Financial Analyst is wider meaning itself.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS