cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Accused of removing articles I was paid for?

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
1 of 11

Good day all! I hope your weekend was fantabulous! 

So here's what's going on. 

I checked my Gmail connected to Upwork (don't really check it often since I'm not freelancing on a consistent basis) and it said I had unread messages. So I come here and read that my client said I had somehow removed articles I submitted last year that were bought and paid for by client. 

I'm not even sure how I'd do that once I submit them. I can't get into client's computer, and I would have no reason to remove them in the message center where they were submitted unless we agreed that something needs to be changed. 

I let client know I didn't remove them and said maybe client should check with Upwork for further assistance. 

Does anyone know if submitted work is archived somewhere in the system, and if so, how do clients retrieve them? 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 11

This is ridiculous. It sounds like the client was using Upwork as a file repository. Who would do that?

screeler
Community Guru
3 of 11

Agree - it's SO ridiculous Preston! 

I'm also thinking that since the person told me " I paid you $X and you removed the articles.." they might be angling to get that money back and that ain't happenin' because I did the work and submitted it.. Whatever happened to my work is not my issue after I sell it to them. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 11

As a purely practical matter, if this is me, I don't even try to figure out what is going on in this client's head. I simply re-send all the articles I wrote for him to him.

This eliminating not having the articles as an excuse for pestering me.

(Of course I maintain archives of all past work I do for clients.)

screeler
Community Guru
5 of 11

That would have been the plan, except that I don't have those copies any longer due to my laptops crashing. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
6 of 11

Go to My Jobs - All Contracts.

find and Click on the contract.

click on Messages

in the pop up, select "Files" to find the sent files.

View solution in original post

screeler
Community Guru
7 of 11

Thanks Petra! I did that and I saw the 2 files I sent and the one I removed (it was replaced and sent to client's Skype) but I can't open the 2 files as they come up with "400 Bad Request" alert. 

I'm wondering if this is the reason client can't see them, because of the alert? 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 11

Ah Smiley Sad D*mn ... maybe a temporary glitch?

screeler
Community Guru
9 of 11

Maybe. I don't know how long the system keeps our work but these articles were from 2016.... 

I'm just not pleased that I would be accused of theft (practically) when I submitted articles and was paid for them yaknow? 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 11

Hi Mariska,

I see the error you are referring to. Let me escalate it to our TS team to see if they'll be able to retrieve the files.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS