cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Required: identity verification video call

Sohel P Member Since: Feb 7, 2015
1 of 18

I'm getting the following notification message on my upwork dashboard.

Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here.

Please, can anyone advise me about this notification.

Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
2 of 18

You need to verify your identity by a video call with a Upwork's agent. 

Follow their instruction, your account should be fine. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 18

@Sohel P wrote:

I'm getting the following notification message on my upwork dashboard.

Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here.

Please, can anyone advise me about this notification.

It is very strange that just a month ago you actually gave ADVICE on just such a situation in another thread....

How come?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 18

Hi Sohel,

Please follow the instructions shared in your support ticket to verify your profile.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Wasfi H Member Since: Apr 30, 2015
5 of 18

Hi

i've done this verification years ago ! and there is no harm to do it again !!

but the problem is i followed the link in the notification plus i discussed this with an agent from help center who gave me the same link again :  "https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?action=verify-profille " which leads directly to Upwork Help Center home page and nothing happen !

this is starting to make me loose time ! and in the same time am worried if i ignore it, it may result to """further restrictions""" later on

Please advise.

Thank you

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 18

Hi Wasfi,

I'm sorry about the time needed to complete your verification, let's see if we can speed it up a bit. Once you click on the link you shared and land in the Help Center, check if you see your name in the upper-right corner, scroll down and click the Verify My Profile button. A chat window should appear and an agent will soon follow up to help you initiate the video call, speak for a couple of minutes and complete the verification process. Let me know if you can follow these steps and if you need further assistance.

Ace Contributor
7 of 18

Thank you Vlad !

my name is there ( i am logged in) but there is no such button !

one of the agent told me to clear the browser cache and cookies which i did ! NADA !! rien ! Nothing happen

am even wondering why Upwork is asking me this after all these years (my account is verified and 100%.... )

Ace Contributor
8 of 18

ok, i just tested the thing on a different web browser and i've seen the verification butoon shown up for i don't know 1 seconde and dissapear !!!!

am giving up on this !! sorry have work to do

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 18

Hi Wasfi,

I checked and do also see the button is disappearing after the help Center page loads. I'll ask our Technical team to investigate and follow up with you with an update. I apologize for the inconvenience and can assure you no action will be taken against your profile in the meantime for not completing the verification process.

Syed A Member Since: Mar 13, 2017
10 of 18

Hey VG ( Vladimir G ) !

can i call you by this ? well Moaeed here. I also got the same notification an hour ago. I am a responsible person and just started my upwork career. I dont want Upwork to jus restrict my account for any misunderstood reason. Please help me in it and guide me step by step what I will be needed in this Video Interview for verification my Identity. Either I have to upload any kind of document or any other requirement ? 

Please reply soon as I am unable to bid. 

Regards.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS