🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Action required: To avoid additional acco...
Page options
garcia_john_kenn
Community Member

Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verificat

I already verified my account thru ID verification and Video verification why verify again? 

Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI John, 

I would like to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us to confirm that a user's identity is legitimate, and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

In this case, you were asked to verify your account a few days ago for the ID-Verification Badge. This request that you received is for Video Verification which is a separate process. Although it may seem that the processes are the same, they are for different purposes. On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. You may read more about it in Section 1.6 Identity and Location Verification of the Upwork User Agreement.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ahmad2474
Community Member

The first Video Verification was for your Badge which you got on your profile. Now the 2nd video verification is for your account and you have to verify as every freelancer need to be verified.

So, there's not such an issue you just need to verify yourself.

Thank you for clarifying!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI John, 

I would like to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us to confirm that a user's identity is legitimate, and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

In this case, you were asked to verify your account a few days ago for the ID-Verification Badge. This request that you received is for Video Verification which is a separate process. Although it may seem that the processes are the same, they are for different purposes. On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. You may read more about it in Section 1.6 Identity and Location Verification of the Upwork User Agreement.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello. What should I do if I attended a video conference 4 days ago but I don’t receive an email?

Hi Roman,

Our team will assist you further directly on your ticket, if you have any additional questions feel free to post them on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for clarifying!

f24ae124
Community Member

Action required: Verify your identity by 01/07/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shakeel, 

It looks like the team has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to update the ticket thread, and the team handling your account concern will assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
nc-ammarkhan
Community Member

Hi, 
I performed my ID verification through my driver's license. I have not received any confirmation or rejection notice via email. 

However I have started seeing the following alert pop up on new project briefs: Action required: Verify your identity by 03/17/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork.

Please update / guide me so I may avoid disruption of service.

Hi Ammar,

It looks like you have already complied with the verification process. Please allow time for our verification team to review the documents you have submitted. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths