Active candidacy no response

Hi All, 

I'm fairly new to the Upwork world, I recently signed up and immediately got an invitation to an interview to which I accepted and provided a response to the client asking how much I charge for a 100 word article. Long story short, I provided my terms and was then put on an "active candidacy" status. 

I havent heard from him in the last 3 days after I sent out my response. Shoudl I email him again? Or did I do anything wrong from my lack of experience here, like a standard how to when dealing wih clients. What gives?

Much appreciated. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
r2streu

Once they respond to you, the interview process has begun and you are an "active candidate." Unfortunately, this remains unless and until they officially decline or you withdraw. Many clients don't bother to officially decline.

They also tend to start the process with more than one provider at a time. Sometimes, the process could take weeks, and sometimes, they simply choose another provider and don't bother to tell you.

Move on. If they get back to you, it can be a nice surprise. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
r2streu

Once they respond to you, the interview process has begun and you are an "active candidate." Unfortunately, this remains unless and until they officially decline or you withdraw. Many clients don't bother to officially decline.

They also tend to start the process with more than one provider at a time. Sometimes, the process could take weeks, and sometimes, they simply choose another provider and don't bother to tell you.

Move on. If they get back to you, it can be a nice surprise. 

Awesome, thanks for the advise. 

ruth_bowles

You can also check the job listing to see which of these scenarios is most likely. You'll see the number of interviews, last time client viewed the listing, and number of hires, if any.