🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Ad-blockers ?
Page options
sfalkens
Community Member

Ad-blockers ?

Last year I had a lot of success on Upwork. At one point, I was hired for one out of every four jobs I applied for. This year, I have had none. Granted, I have applied for fewer jobs, and I can see that there is a LOT more competition now (likely due to PIPL regulations) but still....it is obvious there is something wrong.

(Despite this, I have had a handful of invitations recently, but I've declined as the projects are not a good fit for me).

Recently I applied to three jobs that were very well suited to my skills; my profile shows 100% and I have really good feedback from clients on similar projects. But again, I have had ZERO replies or interviews.

When I looked up My Stats, it shows that no one has looked at my profile recently! (I wonder if this potentially means that those clients who I applied to have not even seen my application - is this possible?) There is no explanation for this, but I did see a notification that says, "If you've been receiving invites and don't have any views in your graph, it may be due to ad-blockers that the client has turned on."

What does this mean?? What are ad-blockers that clients turn on, that potentially prevent them from seeing my proposals and/or profile? If this is the problem, what can I do about it? If a client has ad-blockers, is it possible for me to see this before I waste time in applying?? And if add-blockers are not the problem, what is?

(*Please don't send me to an article on how to write a good proposal, because I've already had successful proposals before, so this is not the issue).

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that all your proposals were received by the clients. Although, we are not privy as to why they don't respond. Rest assured that there are no ad blockers or any opt-out options for clients in receiving proposals when they post a job listing unless they posted an 'invite only' job post.

You may want to create Project Catalogs based on the skills and services you offer. This is a new method for our freelancers to have clients come to them, giving freelancers the opportunity to create ‘projects’ that are pre-scoped with price, deliverables, and timeline. Clients can then search for these projects via a series of category pages (specific skills) and purchase them in just a few clicks.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
759e32fa

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that all your proposals were received by the clients. Although, we are not privy as to why they don't respond. Rest assured that there are no ad blockers or any opt-out options for clients in receiving proposals when they post a job listing unless they posted an 'invite only' job post.

You may want to create Project Catalogs based on the skills and services you offer. This is a new method for our freelancers to have clients come to them, giving freelancers the opportunity to create ‘projects’ that are pre-scoped with price, deliverables, and timeline. Clients can then search for these projects via a series of category pages (specific skills) and purchase them in just a few clicks.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

~ AJ
Upwork

AJ,

Please answer the question. What does this mean? "If you've been receiving invites and don't have any views in your graph, it may be due to ad-blockers that the client has turned on." Please do not send a copy-pasted answer. What ad blockers? Are these Upwork blockers? Are they third-party ad blockers that somehow change the views? We deserve an explanation.

Sandra and Jeanne,

Currently, when a client turns on ad blocker on their computer and then views any Upwork pages, including freelancer's proposals and profiles, we can't track that activity. So, if a client with ad blocker enabled on their computer/browser views your profile, then we can't include that information in your My Stats. I'd like to reiterate what AJ has shared though - all proposals are still delivered to clients and can be viewed by them. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you for your prompt and complete explanation.

jamespouliot
Community Member

"especially because most people nowadays opt to work remotely" 

Really? Over 50 percent of the world's workforce is working remotely? 

denissemor
Community Member

I've been working at upwork for a few years, I've managed to be Top Rate plus and now, suddenly I stop receiving invitations from clients and also zero views on my profile, when before I received several invitations per week. It is quite frustrating, and it also invites us to look for new ways to reach clients since these situations make the freelancer have to leave Upwork since we cannot wait for new clients to arrive seeing that there is zero movement in our profiles.

sachinkumar701
Community Member

I am also not getting receiving invitations . How I can change this that again . I will get invitations

What I should change . I really dont know about this . If somethings has been change 

We need to get soloutions for this  . Upwork should help for this 

Every problem should have soloutions 

Upwork Please help and Guid for this

Hi

ripoll1986
Community Member

I do have the same issue here I am a top-rated freelance  and also I stop receiving invitations from clients and also zero views on my profile.

sarugay
Community Member

So am I. Can this be fixed in a jiffy?

Thanks in advance, Upwork!

c54f0595
Community Member

Hi Supporters ,
I got the same issue recently .
Could you support a solution ?
Thanks in advance !
Cheers .

Latest Articles