🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Ad
Page options
marymoqawamah
Community Member

Ad

I am from Pakistan and currently living in Iran I am new to upwork when try to enter my home address it says address not found, I cant change country from US to the country of my residence.

11 REPLIES 11
abdelrhman-basha
Community Member

are you sure you type the right address and using the proper zip code?

2591126f
Community Member

When I try to search  graphic designers and put location as Iran, It says No matching location found.

This is not entirely unexpected. Iran is under various sanctions and probably US companies are not allowed to do any business over there.

iran.PNG

prestonhunter
Community Member

Mariah: people living in Iran are not allowed to use Upwork.

Really?!
do you have any Idea why is that?

Abdelrhman B wrote:

Really?!
do you have any Idea why is that?

US sanctions.

Yeah I know about the sanctions I'm not from the stone age 😄 
I just thought that since upwork is an open marketplace it wouldn't submit to that 

but thanks anyway!

Abdelrhman B wrote:

Then why were you all flabbergasted that a US-based company can not do business with individuals in a sanctioned country?

Easy on me! I just thought that since upwork is ment to allow people to do the job from thier houses no matter where you are based at it will be ok to use it from Such countries

Abdelrhman B wrote:

I just thought that since upwork is an open marketplace it wouldn't submit to that 

but thanks anyway!

And what will be the consequence , for a US comopany ,of not submitting to US sanction.

Guys I was just asking! 🤦🏻‍:male_sign: I don't really know the terms of the sanctions and all the details about when it's applied or not and what will be the legal issues if a company chose not to submit to that

re: "And what will be the consequence , for a US comopany ,of not submitting to US sanction."

I don't know.

Maybe there would be no consequence.

Maybe the company would be shut down and all of its executives would be put in jail.

I think Upwork doesn't want to find out by defying the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control, in order to find out what the consequences would be.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths