🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Add Milestones vs. Add Contracts?
Page options
valerielt
Community Member

Add Milestones vs. Add Contracts?

I have a client who is asking me to do more tasks for them on their website. Rather than adding milestones to the existing contract, they sent offers for new contracts for each task. Does each contract have to meet the $500 level for the fee to go down? If so, I want to suggest to them to add new milestones. If it doesn't make a difference, does it make sense to just have multiple contracts with the same client?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
data_divas
Community Member

The switch to the 10% fee is at the $500 level per client, it doesn't matter if it's milestones or contracts.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
data_divas
Community Member

The switch to the 10% fee is at the $500 level per client, it doesn't matter if it's milestones or contracts.

Great, thank you! I thought that's what it was but wanted to make sure I understood.

petra_r
Community Member

Just make sure that one contract is closed before accepting the next one!

Other than that, there is no reason not to have new contracts for new work with the same client.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "If it doesn't make a difference, does it make sense to just have multiple contracts with the same client?"

That is how I prefer to work.

I don't ALWAYS require clients to create a new contract for each task.

But that is my preference.

It doesn't cost the client any more to do it that way.

It kind of depends on the size of the milestones. And the nature of the work. If I'm working for the same client, but they switch to a clearly different project, they often want to create a new contract for billing and record-keeping purpposes.

Just make sure the client closes any previous contracts before creating a new contract.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members