21 of 75

Hi, Avery.

My bad. Uploaded!

Thanks for your reply.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
22 of 75

Hi Rodrigo, 

Thanks for following up. I'll go ahead and check this with the team and come back here once I have more information. 

ETA: Rodrigo, can you please confirm if you are adding the portfolio item from your General Profile (general profile > Add portfolio), or from a specific specialized profile (Specialized profile > Add portfolio)? 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Rodrigo F Member Since: Aug 3, 2018
23 of 75

Hi, Avery. I'm doing it from my general profile.

Highlighted
24 of 75

Thanks for confirming, Rodrigo. I'll go ahead and look into it. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
25 of 75

Hi Rodrigo, 

Sorry for the delay as I had to check this with the team. They have confirmed that this is working as designed. Since you only have one Specialized Profile, the option to select a Specialized Profile is disabled. Once the portfolio items are posted, you can go to the Portfolio section of your Specialized Profile and edit this section. From there, you can deselect the portfolio item so that it only shows in the General profile. 

Let me know if you have other questions and I'll be happy to assist you.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Rodrigo F Member Since: Aug 3, 2018
26 of 75

That worked. Thank you!

Highlighted
Wayne Edward C Member Since: Jul 12, 2019
27 of 75

Avery suggested; "Since you only have one Specialized Profile, the option to select a Specialized Profile is disabled. Once the portfolio items are posted, you can go to the Portfolio section of your Specialized Profile and edit this section. From there, you can deselect the portfolio item so that it only shows in the General profile."

That suggestion does indeed make my problem project visible only in my general profile, and since I did not make any selections on the drop-down menus on the Add Details page, those Specialized Profile-specific and inappropriate headings did not appear in the public's view of the project.

However, the suggestion does not deal with the core of the problem, which is that on the Add Portfolio Project page I cannot deselect my specialized profile, and I do not have the opportunity to choose my general profile as a selection.  I don't know why the programmers assumed that freelancers would only want to add portfolio projects that relate to specialized profiles, and not to general profiles.  Because of this I cannot change the inappropriate specialized profile heading that is visible to the public on my problem project, and I cannot add any of the appropriate selections on the Add Details page, since the drop-down menus still show the inappropriate headings.

Perhaps I could have added portfolio projects that relate directly to my general profile if I had added them before I added my first Specialized profile, but it seems that it is too late for me to take advantage of that now, unless I delete my specialized profile, or perhaps all of my profile, and start over.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
28 of 75

Hi Wayne,

Regarding your question about adding Portfolio items to your general profile, please know that this is working as designed. This is to encourage users to create specialized profiles as this allows freelancers to better customize their skills and experience. You may read more about it here through the announcement post and if you haven't already, consider creating an additional specialized profile to showcase your Voice Talent skills.

Highlighted
Syeda N Member Since: Aug 9, 2018
29 of 75

Hi, Avery.

My bad. Uploaded!

i am add portfolio General profile but it`s add the Web Design profile...

Thanks for your reply.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
30 of 75

Hi Syeda,

This is by design, you won't be able to upload a new portfolio item without selecting a related Specialized profile. If you don't want a portfolio item to show on a Specialized profile, you can go to that profile's portfolio section, select the pencil icon in the upper right corner and then un-select that item from the list. This will remove that item only from that Specialized profile but not from the General one.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS