cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Add Portfolio Project to General Profile

Highlighted
Danish M Member Since: Nov 16, 2014
1 of 72

I created new "specialized profile". First turn off was I can only create two specialized profiles, so in total I have three profiles. Not a big deal but now I am facing an even bigger issue:

I can not add a portfolio item to my general profile. The portfolio I am trying to add doesn't relate to my two specialized profiles and should go to my general profile. But there's no way to do that. 

Currently, I see these options on portolio editor:

Capture.PNG

As you can see under specialty, my two specialized profiles are listed. Ideally, if I leave that blank the portfolio should be added to my general profile but I can't leave it blank. 

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 72

Hi Danish, 

I would like to note that your general profile is the original Upwork profile you created before we launched specialized profiles. For your specialized profile, you can highlight your expertise. You’ll create a unique title and description, have the option to set another rate, and also be able to show only the Upwork contracts and portfolio items (from your general profile) that are most relevant to that particular expertise. For example, you can separate out the work you’ve done as a Search Engine Marketer, and Content Writer. 

I would like to confirm that there is no option to add a portfolio item to the general profile. As such, if you add a portfolio item to each, it will automatically be listed on the portfolio section of your profile. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
3 of 72

Maybe take this as a feature request. There should be a way to add portfolio item to the general profile. I want to add a 'web desgin' that's not relevant to either of my specialized profiles (Search Engine Marketer or Content Writer). 

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
BEST ANSWER
4 of 72

Hi Danish,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll be sure to share this with the team for consideration. 

-Joanne
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
5 of 72
Thank you
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Lisa T Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
6 of 72

I think it needs to be submitted to the team for consideration again. This is a serious issue. Now all I have that's updated on my general profile is books. I am unable to show all of the other things I do. I deleted most of the old items on there, planning to update them, expecting Upwork's website to operate as it should.

It was submitted July 9, exactly two months ago. It should have been fixed by now.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 72

Hi Lisa,

I checked your ticket and I can see that our team has shared detailed instructions with you on how to edit and arrange your portfolio items.

Please refer to the details on your ticket with number 26466248. If you experience any errors take a screenshot from your end and update your ticket so that our team can investigate it further. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
8 of 72

Hi Joanne

Did you get a chance to discuss this with the team? Are we going to see this in near future?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Simon B Member Since: Jul 21, 2017
9 of 72

Are there any updates on this? I am experiencing the same problem

Highlighted
Erica K Member Since: Nov 30, 2019
10 of 72

This is still an issue has anything been done to fix it? I only have one specialized profile and have been unable to add any work to my general profile.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS