cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Portfolio Project to General Profile

graphiser
Serkan U Member Since: Dec 3, 2020
11 of 83

the answer should be "DO NOT EVER CREATE A SPECIALIZED PROFILE".

what you are suggesting is adding work in irrelevant categories. what upwork is suggesting that. I cannot tell how much i'm regretful that i even created a specialized profile. it's like upwork says in a hint that we shouldn't be doing work more than 2 areas...

graphiser
Serkan U Member Since: Dec 3, 2020
12 of 83

Hey guys! I think i found a turnaround solution!!!

Delete all 2 specialized profiles. Well... the last one, you can only switch, right? Whatever work you are gonna add on your portfolio, let's say Motion Graphics, switch to that and don't even waste time to fill anything because we will leave it as a draft. Just close the window.

Now add your Graphic Motion video to your portfolio accurately. It will also add this to your general portfolio with the right tag. And this tag won't change after you switch your specialized profile to let's say Branding Design to add your Brand Design works. Unless you need an edit. If you need an edit you will find your last draft profile and you will need to change it accordingly first. So i say prepare and seperate your works beforehand so you won't need to switch it everytime you want to add a work from same area.

Yes, your draft specialized profile will be a mess but since it's a draft no one will see it so it won't be a big problem.

kudos? Man Very Happy

danish-muneer
Danish M Member Since: Nov 16, 2014
13 of 83

Hi Joanne

Did you get a chance to discuss this with the team? Are we going to see this in near future?

simonbour
Ace Contributor
Simon B Member Since: Jul 21, 2017
14 of 83

Are there any updates on this? I am experiencing the same problem

a1a4cee4
Rajib B Member Since: Jun 22, 2020
15 of 83

Same question. Any update?

I have two specialized profiles "eCommerce" and "front end".

Now I need to add an item to portfolio. The item is "LMS website with wordpress" which doesn't go with the two specialized profiles.

Waiting for any update if it's available.

Thank you

e_krie_93
Erica K Member Since: Nov 30, 2019
16 of 83

This is still an issue has anything been done to fix it? I only have one specialized profile and have been unable to add any work to my general profile.

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
17 of 83

Hi Erica,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
kenstone
Community Leader
Ken S Member Since: Feb 1, 2017
18 of 83

HI

Happy new year!

Will we be able to add a portfolio item to our general profile in 2020?

Thanks!

r_schettino
Rick S Member Since: Feb 15, 2020
19 of 83

I'd like to reiterate what others have said. We should be able to add projects to our general profile. It seems kind of ridiculous to not allow that. I really don't want to create more profiles. Can someone tell me what is the reasoning behind preventing us from adding projects to our general profile??

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
20 of 83

Hi Rick,

It is by design that there is no option to add new portfolio items to the general profile anymore. Freelancers who do not yet have specialized profiles will not be able to create new portfolio projects until they create a specialized profile. This update is also to encourage users to create specialized profiles as this will allow freelancers to better customize their skills and experience. You may read more about it in this announcement. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS