cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Portfolio Project to General Profile

Highlighted
Edlyn A Member Since: Apr 22, 2019
51 of 76

I am having the same issue I wanted to add a profolio on my general profile but then its not possible.. 

Highlighted
Florin-Dan M Member Since: Feb 26, 2018
52 of 76

Yes, you're right.
In case the number of specialized profiles remains limited to 2, and portfolio items cannot be added to the general profile, the only "solution" is for one of the two specialized profiles to be transformed into a 2nd "general profile".
Of course this contradicts the purpose of existance of specialized profiles, but taking into account that for now there is no other way to solve it, and there is no official take on it, the result will be opposite to the intended result. 
To allow again adding items to the general profile until a better solution is found would be great. 

Highlighted
Syeda N Member Since: Aug 9, 2018
53 of 76
Ok thanks
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Laura K Member Since: Nov 5, 2019
54 of 76

When I try to add items to my portfolio (general profile) it redirects me to creating specialzed profiles. Is this a bug, or intentional?

I started on Upwork with specialzed profiles but soon realized the major flaw in using them as a new Upwork freelancer (and this was confirmed by an Upwork employee). 

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
55 of 76

Hi Laura,

Once the portfolio items are posted, you can go to the Portfolio section of your Specialized Profile and edit this section. From there, you can deselect the portfolio item so that it only shows in the General profile.  If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
56 of 76

That means I need to have a published specialized profile, right?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
57 of 76

Hi Laura,

Yes that is correct, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
58 of 76

How come that is the case?

Specalized profiles do no favours for freelancers new to Upwork. I don't understand why we should be further punished for wanting to stick with a general profile? It seems like a very reasonable feature to include.

Highlighted
Doland R Member Since: Dec 14, 2016
59 of 76

This is not good since the portfolio piece will still say "Motion Graphics" for me even tho it is a print piece. Upwork, you need to fix this.

Highlighted
Julien H Member Since: Jan 31, 2020
60 of 76

1. Deleting or editing is not working. Item is deleted from all of my profiles.

2. Why is this topic ever displayed as "solved"? No real solution has been provided. Am I missing something?

Those specialized profiles are counter intuitive and a flaw for those who already specialize.

What if you do only one thing in one field? Well, it's bad for Upwork, you have to be a jack of all trade... Smiley Mad

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS