cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add TransferWise to Upwork

johnivanpuayap
John Ivan P Member Since: Dec 14, 2019
31 of 37

Hi, Is using transferwise against the TOS of Upwork now?

The account holder name will be under my legal name. (I found that before the account holder name they use is not the legal name, that is why it is against the TOS, but it's not the case now)

I don't want my account to be suspended, so I'm clarifying this info first before adding it

Thank you so much for answering

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
32 of 37

Hi John,

I would like to clarify that transferwise is not an available option as a payment method. To learn more about our accepted payment method check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
e17bad7a
Marwa S Member Since: Oct 10, 2020
33 of 37

does any body have an idea about how can i transfer my earnings into transfer wise online account.. is it even possible ?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
34 of 37

Hi Marwa,

Please refer to the information I`ve shared below:

• I would like to clarify that transferwise is not an available option as a payment method. To learn more about our accepted payment method check out this Help Article. Thank you.
~ Goran
Upwork
designbuyers
Ace Contributor
Sharif I Member Since: Feb 15, 2015
35 of 37

Compared to transfer rates to bank accounts, it going to save of course.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
36 of 37

Other freelancers here in the Forum have reported that they have successfully using TransferWise to withdraw Upwork funds.

Look for "Adding TransferWise Borderless Account in Upwork" on YouTube.

Basically:

TransferWise is not a distinct Upwork option. But TransferWise lets you create a U.S. Bank account number that works with Upwork's "U.S. bank account" transfer method.

Upwork charges zero fees when using this withdrawal method.

designbuyers
Ace Contributor
Sharif I Member Since: Feb 15, 2015
37 of 37

Thank You, Preston,
I notice your activity in the community and you do so much, are you working with Upwork?

By the way, TransferWise is now Wise, not sure when the company changes the name, it's not good for the business and they confuse customers.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS