Did you mean: 

Add TransferWise to Upwork

jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
21 of 33

@Vowell J wrote:

@Yevhen K wrote:

Hi, please add TransferWise to **Edited for Community Guidelines** Upwork. This is a very cool way to withdraw money with a minimum commission!

I'm sure among freelancers there is a **Edited for Community Guidelines**  huge number of people wishing to use TransferWise for withdrawing money. 

I hope that such an opportunity will appear in the near future on Upwork.

Best regards,

Yevhen

I agree with you Yevhen, I also want TransferWise. Cheers!

Guys, all you have to do is request an US$ account on TransferWise and add this account to your payment methods. It takes 5 minutes.

oli_valenzuela
Oliver V Member Since: Jun 14, 2017
22 of 33

Hi Jennifer R

Does this work for non-US countries? If it works internationally, wouldn't Upwork convert it first to my local currency and then convert it back again to US$? Or would it just be the standard withdrawal fee?

Thanks!

studionlk
Nikaya L Member Since: Aug 17, 2019
23 of 33

Jennifer R wrote:

Guys, all you have to do is request an US$ account on TransferWise and add this account to your payment methods. It takes 5 minutes.

It is exactly as Jennifer says. I use this, It works perfectly. 

You need to set up a borderless account with Transferwise. Then you send your money directly to your US account. From there, you can transfer it one of your other borderless accounts or a local account. 

I have no idea about any restrictions on who can get a borderless account or transferring to specific countries, so you will have to check that out yourself with Transferwise. But, once you have a US account from them, it is simple. 

1be13ac8
Devid W Member Since: Aug 15, 2019
24 of 33

Hello there, in previous days I am facing the same problem and I need to get the solution from anyone, K posted on many online platforms for this transferwise problem and at that time I was in hutty to transfer so finally thanks to the upwork community for helping us and giving the best possible solution for this issue. it would be ideal if you add TransferWise to **Edited for Community Guidelines** Upwork. This is an exceptionally cool approach to pull back cash with a base commission!

**Edited for community guidelines**

ab8660be
Joshua J Member Since: Oct 9, 2019
25 of 33

Just add it in your User Settings like any other bank account. But then it might have to do with your location and TransferWise not Upwork.

ab8660be
Joshua J Member Since: Oct 9, 2019
26 of 33

Joshua J wrote:

Just add it in your User Settings like any other bank account. But then it might have to do with your location and TransferWise not Upwork 

any other suggestion? 

zeemumtaz18
Zeeshan A Member Since: Nov 29, 2019
27 of 33

Need transferwise other payment methods sucks 

41c2e718
Gary C Member Since: Jun 3, 2020
28 of 33

Yeah agree with you.

brettbothasa
Brett B Member Since: Jan 25, 2016
29 of 33

Does Upwork plan to add other payment options other than Paypal and Payoneer? at the moment both of these services are not great. Something like transferwise or anything else would be excellent. 

johnivanpuayap
John Ivan P Member Since: Dec 14, 2019
30 of 33

Hi, Is using transferwise against the TOS of Upwork now?

The account holder name will be under my legal name. (I found that before the account holder name they use is not the legal name, that is why it is against the TOS, but it's not the case now)

I don't want my account to be suspended, so I'm clarifying this info first before adding it

Thank you so much for answering

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS