Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a certification? to get my profile to 100%

Highlighted
Community Leader
Ken S Member Since: Feb 1, 2017
1 of 12

None of the certifications in the list have anything to do with the services I provide.

Also this just appeared.  Yesterday it wasn't asking for a certification.

Is this manually added to my profile asking for a certification?

Has anyone else had to add a certification to get their profile to 100%?

I just recheked this..  My profile previously was at 90% complete and it said to add a linked whatever social media or linkedin or something so I did that and nothing appeared for a few days but today out of the blue it's at 90% again and asking for a certification.  

Additionally I just checked other top rated and rising talents in my same category.  I couldn't find any that had any type of certification.  So why am I being asked to provide certification?

Is this a joke or something?

Highlighted
Danilo Jr G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
2 of 12

Hi Ken,

I myself don't have any certification or portfolio uploaded on my freelancer profile. However, things might change and they require something to be uploaded in there. 

I suggest uploading something on your portfolio a jpeg or screenshot of your work just to get through it. I've seen people uploading simple stuff on that section like software they use just to have something in there. 

Highlighted
Community Leader
3 of 12

Thanks, yeah it's a bit confusing when the message says add a certification but doesn't say that that's not the only way to get to 100%.  

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 12

Hi Ken,

Certifications aren't required to have a 100% completed profile. Actually, it looks like your profile is already at 100% but you can check this help article for more information which profile section contribute to profile completeness.

~ Valeria
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Leader
5 of 12

Awesome thanks I was trying to get to 100%.

Highlighted
Feiry Mae P Member Since: Jan 25, 2018
6 of 12

Hi Valeria,

I have the same problem. I am aiming for a 100% profile but it was asking for a certification which I dont have. Can you please help me? This will be much appreciated.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
7 of 12

Hello Feiry,

You may click this link to help you have a 100% complete profile. As Valeria stated, certifications aren't required to have a 100% completed profile. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Mohammad H Member Since: Jul 8, 2020
8 of 12

Hi, Valeria K But I can see I can't complete 100% without adding certificate in my profile? 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 12

Hi Mohammad, 

Certifications aren't required to have a 100% completed profile. Completing other sections will also allow freelancers to achieve a 100% complete profiles as you can see in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Mohammad H Member Since: Jul 8, 2020
10 of 12
Great Thanks, another thing I want to know, I have existing Fiverr clients,
If I bring him here is there any referral commission or something like
that? I get him to register here?? Or If I send him a direct contract, he
will be able to give me a review in my new Upwork profile?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS