🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Add customers to Upwork.com
Page options
412f7369
Community Member

Add customers to Upwork.com

Hi Team, My name is Barinder, and currently working as a freelancer. I want to understand if I can bring my personal customers on this platform for tax calculations and accounting. 

Please confirm if there is any procedure?

Regards,

Barinder Singh Ghuman

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Barinder Singh G wrote:

Hi Team, My name is Barinder, and currently working as a freelancer. I want to understand if I can bring my personal customers on this platform for tax calculations and accounting. 

Regards,

Barinder Singh Ghuman

Your clients can join Upwork and hire you, but note that you'll pay a 20% service charge on your earnings and they'll have to pay a credit card processing fee; you'll also lose money on the currency exchange. As far as I'm aware, there's no advantage in terms of tax calculations, either; if you're in a country where your clients have to pay VAT, it makes things even more confusing.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Barinder Singh G wrote:

Regards,

Barinder Singh Ghuman

Your clients can join Upwork and hire you, but note that you'll pay a 20% service charge on your earnings and they'll have to pay a credit card processing fee; you'll also lose money on the currency exchange. As far as I'm aware, there's no advantage in terms of tax calculations, either; if you're in a country where your clients have to pay VAT, it makes things even more confusing.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members