🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Add multiple overlapping hours for multip...
Page options
unknowngi
Community Member

Add multiple overlapping hours for multiple clients

If I have an agency, and I'm managing multiple contracts and let's say if I have 5 contracts, and I need to charge 40 hours for each of those contracts, currently I can't do that.

It's not like we can always distribute contracts to various other people on the team, as we may be working on them together, so I'd like to keep those contracts tied to my main profile. How can I charge the hours then?

Or is there any other way this can be done?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Asaad M wrote:

I have an agency, and I'm managing multiple contracts.

Let's say if I have 5 contracts, and I need to charge 40 hours for each of those contracts, currently I can't do that.

I'd like to keep those contracts tied to my main profile. How can I charge the hours then?

This is not allowed. ANY hourly contract must only be worked on by the person who was hired. Anything else is not allowed and a violation of the terms of service, invalidates your protection and cost you your account.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Asaad M wrote:

I have an agency, and I'm managing multiple contracts.

Let's say if I have 5 contracts, and I need to charge 40 hours for each of those contracts, currently I can't do that.

I'd like to keep those contracts tied to my main profile. How can I charge the hours then?

This is not allowed. ANY hourly contract must only be worked on by the person who was hired. Anything else is not allowed and a violation of the terms of service, invalidates your protection and cost you your account.

Cool, that's what I wanted to ask, so the contract has to be given directly to the person that's working on it.

Also @petra if I understand this right. Then there is no way for an agency or a company to charge for a project as a whole.

So if they have 10 members working, all those 10 members have to come on Upwork, and 10 diferent contracts have to be set up by the client, and those 10 individuals have to charge in their own work diary?

So there is no way an agency can work on a project collectively?

Asaad M wrote:

Also @petra if I understand this right. Then there is no way for an agency or a company to charge for a project as a whole.

So if they have 10 members working, all those 10 members have to come on Upwork, and 10 diferent contracts have to be set up by the client, and those 10 individuals have to charge in their own work diary?

So there is no way an agency can work on a project collectively?

That is exactly right, this is the way upwork set it up.

Cool, thanks.

Asaad M wrote:

Correct.

It would appear that currently you are violating Upwork's terms of service and have announced this fact on Upwwork's own user forum?

@petra, Thankfully, not right now. The contracts I currently have up on my profile are solely mine.

I recently started brining people on board and haven't gotten any confirmed work for them yet, so it was good to know this before hand.

Though if I am in some way, then do let me know.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths