cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new option

mazumdersaman
Saman M Member Since: Feb 19, 2018
1 of 7

Can you add New Option Features browse contests? Because It's option may be many helps for new freelancers .
There are many new freelancers but no working here. Other sites such as: Freelancer.com , 99 Design , People per hour they keep this option. So, I have One request Please Do something for new freelancers add new option Browse contests.
Thanks
Saman

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
2 of 7

Hello Saman,

Thank you for sharing your suggestion here with us. I will escalate this to our team so they can take a look at your request.

UPDATE

I would like to confirm that contest is not allowed here on Upwork.

Thank you!

Untitled
jamesseligman
Community Guru
James S Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
3 of 7

Why escalate it when contest are not allowed? 

Terms of Service

Section 1.2:

Requesting, demanding, or receiving free services, including requesting Freelancers to submit work as part of the proposal process for very little or no money or posting contests in which Freelancers submit work with no or very little pay, and only the winning submission is paid the full amount.

holymell
Community Guru
Melissa C Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
4 of 7
That's what I was wondering. Contests are just a way for people to get free work, or for freelancers to give it.
mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 7

@Ryan C wrote:

Hello Saman,

Thank you for sharing your suggestion here with us. I will escalate this to our team so they can take a look at your request. Thank you!

Please don't do that - professional freelancers don't want (or need) Upwork to become a contest site.

Thank you on behalf of everyone except the OP

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
6 of 7

Hell no!

Besides, why would Upwork emulate sites that are less successful? 

Really bad idea...I doubt anyone serious about freelancing has the time or inclination to do a body of work for which they won't be paid...while the idiots thinking up the contest get stuff done for free.

As for 'helping' new freelancers - every single one of us was a 'new' freelancer on Upwork at some stage. Every single one of us have worked hard to get ahead. "New" freelancers to Upwork already have an advantage long-term freelancers on the site never had....the little 'rising talent' badge/ Not one of us had that. Our playing field was equal. New freelancers already have an advantage.

I see more and more posts where people new to the site want to be given more and more advantages that we never had. It is sad. 

If I sound harsh, sorry. But each freelancer is a business. As a business, it is up to you to succeed. It is not Upwork's job to help you in this. They are only a platform that makes it easier for us to find clients. If Upwork or other such sites did not exhist...ask yourself... would you still be freelancing? If no, then the chances of succeeding here are slim. If yes, then you don't have a problem, do you?

Walid F Member Since: Mar 27, 2016
7 of 7

Totally agree with Virginia and Irene.

Please don’t it

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS