🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Add non-upwork user to agency chat room
Page options
37f24176
Community Member

Add non-upwork user to agency chat room

Hi, I would like to create agency profile to my existing account. I am co-founder of agency and we have CTO in our agency. But he is not Upwork user. Is it possible to introduce him to clients in interview? Because he is more technical than me. Is this account sharing - violation of Upwork Policy? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, unless a person has an Upwork account and is added to the team with chat permissions, they won't be able to join the Message room. Sharing accounts or logging into other user's accounts would be a violation of Upwork TOS. You could have your CTO create an account on Upwork and invite him to your agency.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, unless a person has an Upwork account and is added to the team with chat permissions, they won't be able to join the Message room. Sharing accounts or logging into other user's accounts would be a violation of Upwork TOS. You could have your CTO create an account on Upwork and invite him to your agency.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

If we are to invitite a non-upwork users to an agency then how does Upwork's profile "Approval" policy applies in this case? because normally the profile is first approved before anyone can do any activity on the platform. I'm confused how it's gonna work out if you invite someone who has never worked on the platform keeping in view Upwork's profile approval system...Can you guide on that please?

Hi Fahad,

When a person who isn't yet on Upwork accepts your invitation to join your agency on Upwork, they'll be prompted to sign up for an Upwork account, complete and submit their profile. Check out this help article about completing a profile and feel free to share it with your potential agency members. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members