🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Add project URL in portfolio?
Page options
researchediting
Community Member

Add project URL in portfolio?

The add portfolio screens still have a field for optional inclusion of a contractl URL. I thought I used to get these from the job history, but now those links don't go to a locatable resource, but generate a popup. There is an URL at the bottom of the form, but that is unsuitable: it goes to the original job post and its attached correspondence, often including the client's draft document.

What am I missing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Michael, 

Please, correct me if you're referring to something else but these are two separate options when adding a portfolio item. There is one option to link a portfolio item to a contract completed on Upwork. There is another option that allows talent to add an external link to the project they're showcasing in the portfolio item. The latter one is, for example, if a designer or web-developer would like to link to a website they worked on or a writer would like to link to a page with content they've created. 

Both of these fields are optional, so talent can choose to use one of them, both or neither when adding a portfolio item. 

Let me know if you're asking about something else and feel free to include screenshots of what you see so that I could check.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
researchediting
Community Member

Hello? Anybody home?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Michael, 

Please, correct me if you're referring to something else but these are two separate options when adding a portfolio item. There is one option to link a portfolio item to a contract completed on Upwork. There is another option that allows talent to add an external link to the project they're showcasing in the portfolio item. The latter one is, for example, if a designer or web-developer would like to link to a website they worked on or a writer would like to link to a page with content they've created. 

Both of these fields are optional, so talent can choose to use one of them, both or neither when adding a portfolio item. 

Let me know if you're asking about something else and feel free to include screenshots of what you see so that I could check.

~ Valeria
Upwork

*smacks forehead* D'oh!

Thanks, Valeria! Yes, by the time I got to the (external) URL field, I had already specified the Upwork contract link on the first page of the process.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members