cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Add "Illegal" to the list of reasons for flagging a project as inappropriate

Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
21 of 24
I doubt that Preston.

How hard is it to understand that something like "I want a logo for my website {insert link and detailed specifications here} be done. To apply, send me 5 logos according to my specifications. The winner will get paid" is against the TOS.

Another example, client said on interview "we only pay via Paypal". Heck, they even post that on the job description sometimes!

I wonder what kind of posts you flag Preston, if the examples I shared are too complex to understand. I wonder what simple looks like.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
22 of 24

Dianne,

I have to admit... the examples of bad job postings you mentioned seem rather simple.

To answer your question specifically about what types of job postings I flag, and which I feel oDesk responsively removes...

I have flagged a lot of "job postings" that were actually postings from contractors looking for work. ("Job postings" with their resumes and CVs such.)

I have flagged a lot of job postings which were not written in English, or which were duplicate job postings, or which were clearly "spam" postings.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
23 of 24

I flagged a job once that had a link in it that downloaded and had a virus in it. The job had 100's of applicants. I also sent a note to customer service. It took them 3 weeks to remove the job.

I think that should have been taken down immediately but it wasn't.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Scott M Member Since: Nov 27, 2014
24 of 24

@Suzanne "I flagged a job once that had a link in it that downloaded and had a virus in it"

Been there, done that. Whenever I see a job that has a direct executable link in it, I run away like it's the plague.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS