cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add smileys emoticons inside the message section

pawan_maurya
Pawan M Member Since: Feb 4, 2014
1 of 8
I requested to oDesk to add smileys emoticons inside the message section. When we doing conversation with client some times we want to show our emotions to clients and same for clients also. Conversation is the key for creating a successful job and creating a relation with together. So what you all think about that, Please reply... 🙂
expuser
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 8
Not only can emoticons (smileys) be used in many creative and humorous ways, but they are also useful for communicating with people whose first language isn't English. Having said this,I don't think it would be very professional to use them when communicating on a business footing.
49fe17c2
Marc S Member Since: Jul 12, 2017
3 of 8

Hi I think the emoticons are ok for messaging even during business. I don't know if it's my brain playing tricks on me or not but I could have sworn there were smileys in the message box on my laptop because I remember using them and then I had another client and I went to use them and they are gone!

Maybe it was on my phone but why would I have the memory of them on my laptop for? Weird..

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 8

Hi Marc,

You should be able to add emoji in Upwork Desktop App and in the full browser version either by using the standard ":emoji_name:" format (colon wrapped) or the button you'll see next to the message field:

Screenshot_3.png

Unfortunately, emoji aren't available on mobile version yet.

~ Valeria
Upwork
knwlzahid
Community Guru
Kanwal F Member Since: Apr 20, 2015
5 of 8

Valeria, 

I'm wondering have not you noticed the upwork TOS violation in this thread? Its more than an inapproproate profile picture.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 8

Hi Kanwal, 

If you are referring to the profile picture, please note that client-companies can use logos as their pictures.

~ Valeria
Upwork
knwlzahid
Community Guru
Kanwal F Member Since: Apr 20, 2015
7 of 8

@Pawan M wrote:
I requested to oDesk to add smileys emoticons inside the message section. When we doing conversation with client some times we want to show our emotions to clients and same for clients also. Conversation is the key for creating a successful job and creating a relation with together. So what you all think about that, Please reply... 🙂

Upwork already have this feature in its messages section. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
8 of 8

@Kanwal F wrote:

@Pawan M wrote:

Upwork already have this feature in its messages section. 

Probably they didn't when Pawan made that post more than three years ago.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS