🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Adding Manual Time After Weekly Summary
Page options
andrewrigel
Community Member

Adding Manual Time After Weekly Summary

Good morning, I worked over 12 hours yesterday and went to go add the time manually today, but my internet wouldn't work for over an hour. By the time I went to go log the hours, UpWork wouldn't allow me to. It greyed out any and all options for Sunday, and said that I somehow missed the weekly summary window by 40 minutes? I need my money and I refuse to let go of over $215 worth of work just because of a silly mistake I made by not adding these hours initially.

Please help me so I may fix this, I NEED the extra money. It isn't fair that the window closes at like 8:00 a.m. for regular people.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Andrew L wrote:

Good morning, I worked over 12 hours yesterday and went to go add the time manually today, but my internet wouldn't work for over an hour. By the time I went to go log the hours, UpWork wouldn't allow me to. It greyed out any and all options for Sunday, and said that I somehow missed the weekly summary window

You can only edit the work diary until noon UTC on Monday.

Why don't you add the time when you work, or better still, use the tracker?

Alternatively, you can ask the client to issue a bonus for the hours you worked last week and didn't add or ask the client to let you add them to this week's work diary.

Andrew L wrote:

It isn't fair that the window closes at like 8:00 a.m. for regular people.

It is perfectly fair as it is the same for everyone. It's a full 12 hours after the end of the work week as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Andrew L wrote:

Good morning, I worked over 12 hours yesterday and went to go add the time manually today, but my internet wouldn't work for over an hour. By the time I went to go log the hours, UpWork wouldn't allow me to. It greyed out any and all options for Sunday, and said that I somehow missed the weekly summary window

You can only edit the work diary until noon UTC on Monday.

Why don't you add the time when you work, or better still, use the tracker?

Alternatively, you can ask the client to issue a bonus for the hours you worked last week and didn't add or ask the client to let you add them to this week's work diary.

Andrew L wrote:

It isn't fair that the window closes at like 8:00 a.m. for regular people.

It is perfectly fair as it is the same for everyone. It's a full 12 hours after the end of the work week as well.

Good morning,

I apologize for my complaints, as I see how it is fair since it applies equally. I just am upset because I missed out on a lot of money over a stupid mistake, and I always add the hours at the end of my shifts. It's just that the one time I forgot to was when the weekly summary ended. It just frustrates me because the UpWork tracker is ineffective in some applications, such as if you don't click your mouse or type on the keyboard every 10 minutes since in these cases the tracker simply doesn't bill the client at all for the periods of downtime throughout my shift where there was no activity. That is the great thing about manual time, but it looks like it is my fault and responsibility to now reach out to my client and reach a resolution.

Thank you!

Remember that clients are charged for last week's hours after the work diary closes, that is why there is a strict deadline. That's also why there can't be any exceptions

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members