🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Adding Paypal Payment Method without Cred...
Page options
rnmr_prz
Community Member

Adding Paypal Payment Method without Credit Card Number

Hi! Good Day,

I would like to buy connects, yet I'am having trouble in adding a payment/billing method. I would like to use my Paypal account but it keeps asking for a credit card number. The problem is I don't have a credit card, or a credit card number. Can you please help me. Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
JoanneP

Hi John Renmar,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have already added Paypal as your payment method. Let us know if you have any questions or need assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
rnmr_prz
Community Member

Good day, the problem is I want to buy connects, it keeps askin for a
billing method. When I choos paypal as billing method, it is asking for a
credit card number. The problem is I don’t have a credit card.

Hi John Renmar,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. You can check out the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
186ae147
Community Member

I need to buy connects using paypal without connecting to a bank. please assist

Hi Linda,

I'm afraid, that's not possible. In order to use PayPal as a billing method, it needs to be verified and be set with a valid payment method. Check out this help article for more information about acceptable billing methods.

~ Valeria
Upwork
9332f780
Community Member

Hello! Good day,

I was wondering how I can add paypal on my billing method Eventhough my account doesn't have a credit/debit card attached to it.

Thank you,

Gelila

Hi Gelila,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To add Paypal as a billing method: 

1. Go to Settings  Get Paid
  2. Click Add Method
  3. Click the Set Up button for your chosen method
  4. You will be redirected to sign in to your PayPal account for verification
  5. Choose a payment schedule and click Next

~ AJ
Upwork
bc687f5e
Community Member

I can't add paypal as payment option because I don't have a debit or creditcard is there any other ways?

Hi Abraham,

You can check what other payment methods are available to you by going to the Get Paid section on your settings. You may also check this help article for more information on how you can get paid.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths