🐈 Community
rnmr_prz

Adding Paypal Payment Method without Credit Card Number

Hi! Good Day,

I would like to buy connects, yet I'am having trouble in adding a payment/billing method. I would like to use my Paypal account but it keeps asking for a credit card number. The problem is I don't have a credit card, or a credit card number. Can you please help me. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
tinker_bell3

Hi John Renmar,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have already added Paypal as your payment method. Let us know if you have any questions or need assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Good day, the problem is I want to buy connects, it keeps askin for a
billing method. When I choos paypal as billing method, it is asking for a
credit card number. The problem is I don’t have a credit card.

Hi John Renmar,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. You can check out the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I need to buy connects using paypal without connecting to a bank. please assist

Hi Linda,

I'm afraid, that's not possible. In order to use PayPal as a billing method, it needs to be verified and be set with a valid payment method. Check out this help article for more information about acceptable billing methods.

~ Valeria
Upwork