🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Adding a Business Account Query
Page options
danvincpt
Community Member

Adding a Business Account Query

Hi All

Hoping someone can assist with my unusual query.

BackStory

My fiance and I both have Upwork account and have been working on Upwork for a few years, we both have a joint business account and up until now he has been sending funds from Upwork to the business account and I've been using Paypal.

In order to streamline our local taxes and business I need to start sending funds to the same business bank account. 

Question:

Will there be an issue with me adding the business bank account on my profile?

Will Upwork flag that its a duplicate business account?

I'm wanting to get clarity before going ahead as I don't want to have my account suspended or any future hassles.

Any help is appreciated.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for clarifying. If it's under the company name then you can both add it given that both your names are listed and are authorized to withdraw. If the bank account is a personal account, only the person whose name is listed can add it unless it's a joint account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel, 

I checked this with the team and can confirm that you will need to have your own Paypal account to use as a payment method. Your Paypal account and your Upwork account's email addresses should match for you to use Paypal. Let me know if you have other questions!

~ Avery
Upwork
danvincpt
Community Member

Hi Avery

Thanks for looking into this. 

My question does not relate to Paypal accounts but to business bank accounts. I already have Paypal as my payment method. I am wanting to add the business bank account in my country as a payment method. Will it be an issue adding it as my fiance already the same account as his payment method?

Hope that clears up my question.

Thanks for helping.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for clarifying. If it's under the company name then you can both add it given that both your names are listed and are authorized to withdraw. If the bank account is a personal account, only the person whose name is listed can add it unless it's a joint account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne

Thanks for your response,

Do appreciate it!

Have a great day.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths