🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Adding certifications to profile
Page options
benbac
Community Member

Adding certifications to profile

Dear Community

When I created my profile, I realized that security-related certifications are almost absent - except for 2 certificates as shown on the screenshot attached - from the predefined certification list within the freelancer profile page

Since Upwork offered me the option to suggest new certifications, I added some of mine, after 4 months, none of them was added to the list.

While certifications are crucial for clients to select the right candidates, not having them listed on the profile page, makes the profile less attractive and somewhat experienced

Would you mind helping me to rais this issue to the support team in order to revise the list and include the missing certs? These are some of the top security certifications for your reference: CISSP, CCSP, CEH, CHFI, CGEIT, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CySA+, CASP+, OCSP, GIAC, ISO 27001 LA/LI, ISO 27005 RM, ISO, 27032 CSM...etc.

I assume that the main concern should be present for other fields such as networking, system administration, cloud, coding, project management, ...etc.

References

Thank you for support

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bachir,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our product managers.

In the meantime you can add your certifications as a portfolio items so that you`re able to show them to potential clients. if you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran

Thank you for the prompt response and suggestion, that's actually a nice workaround

Another workaround would be adding those certs as skills, I just suggested some new skills waiting for approval, but the downside is the number of skills allowed in the basic plan (up to 10 skills)

Regards

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths