cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom certification

razvanghisa
Razvan G Member Since: May 11, 2017
1 of 10

I am trying to add a certificate of completion from Udemy, but there is no Add a custom certification button, there is just "suggest a certification", and that doesn`t do much.

mahmoudelsoudy
Mahmoud A Member Since: Apr 7, 2017
2 of 10

Hi razvan 

in (select your certification button) try to search your certificate, and when your certification is not included, you will see a green text says (add a custom certification) click it. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 10

Razvan,

Unfortunately, if a certification you are trying to add isn't available in the drop down menu, Upwork won't be able to validate it. You can still suggest for it to be added in the future and can use the portfolio section to show your certification provided there is no contact information in it.

~ Valeria
Upwork
flynnham
Flynn B Member Since: May 16, 2017
4 of 10

I know Upwork has business ties with Udemy, although it's exact nature is unknown to me. I too have been doing courses on Udemy, and was wondering if in the foreseeable future that they would be available as certified options?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 10

Hi Flynn,

If your certification is not available on the list, you may suggest that certification and it will then be reviewed by our Engineers. Please see the screenshot below. Once our team completes the review, it will then show on the list. 

Certification.png

Untitled
smeoutsource
Leif N Member Since: Oct 11, 2015
6 of 10

We would then use the portfolio section for our certificate.

chocolatier7
Ace Contributor
Saloria S Member Since: Apr 7, 2017
7 of 10

I typed "Other" and it gave me a screen to add my certificate ftom Udemy. 

jasonsaid
Said E Member Since: Jul 2, 2017
8 of 10

Hi type above -Select Your Certification- zone  the name of certification, then a message will tell you if you want to suggest this certification confirm by click then fulfil your information.

didzissilis
Ace Contributor
Didzis S Member Since: Jul 24, 2017
9 of 10

Hi Upwork team,

I suggested two Finance/Accounting-related custom certifications (ACMA by CIMA; CGMA by AICPA) to be added a week or two ago. These two are supposedly well-known in the industry and globally - should not take much time to verify. However, I have not heard back anything yet...

How long could that verification process take? (or perhaps my request did not go through and I have to re-submit?)

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Didzis

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 10

Didzis,

The team reviews all recommendations for certifications freelancers submit through the form and evaluate them based on demand and other factors. Unfortunately, we aren't able to provide any timeframe for when certificates you recommended will be added.

Thanks for your feedback.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS