cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address change/can't submit proposal

Meredith E Member Since: Mar 28, 2019
1 of 8

I updated my address (in a new country), then went to submit a proposal for a job. When I hit "submit", an error box popped up saying the proposal couldn't be submitted because I have to update my address first. I checked and my address was indeed already updated. How do I fix this so I can submit a proposal?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2 of 8

Hi Meredith,

I checked this for you and City field under your address information is still not filled. Please, log in to your account and fill all the fields under your location information.

Please let us know if the issue persists after this and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
LaTonya S Member Since: Apr 9, 2019
3 of 8

I'm having the same issue!

4 of 8

Hi LaTonya,

I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing. Please, try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if you are able to click on the field with text ''Start typing your address''. You should be able to update your address information. Let us know if you need further help. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
5 of 8
Ok, I was able to update my address but now I can't submit my proposal. See
screenshot.
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 8

Hi LaTonya, 

It looks like you are yet to update your address which is why you are unable to send out a proposal. Please go to this page of your account (Settings > Contact Info > Address) and fill-in your complete address in the address section. Once filled-in correctly, you should be able to start bidding for projects on Upwork. 

Let me know if you need further assistance.

-Avery
Untitled
7 of 8
Hello,

My address is already filled out. Still can't submit proposal.
8 of 8

Hi LaTonya,

You will need to choose between our Basic or Plus membership plan. Please go to Settings > Membership & Connects and select a plan in order to be able to start bidding on projects. If you would like to read more details about our membership plans check out this Help Article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS