🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Adjust location/Narrow search results?
Page options
mindsvaultmedia
Community Member

Adjust location/Narrow search results?

Hello, 

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a small issue im running into on the site. For a lot of the jobs that are listed on my feed, they are located in places that are on the opposite side of the country for me, like in California, Texas, etc. I'm located on the east coast, and was trying to figure out is there any way that i can narrow it to only look for jobs in my state? or in select states? For freelance editing jobs having jobs from all over the country is nice, however when it comes to looking for film or photoshoot jobs, It's not feasible for me to have postings in locations so far. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cameron,

You can use the Location filter to filter per country. You can put the name of the city in the search field as one of the keywords though. Sometimes clients mention the location in job posts if they are looking for freelancers who reside there.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

So you're saying that the only way to know if you're bidding on a job in Ohio is if the client "mentions" it in the post? That seems pretty silly to me. That means I'll be spending connects replying to a client who doesn't mention where in the US the job is and HOPING it is near me?

I would think you all should think about requiring clients to post the location of the job. Especially if it is for location work.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out to us. A lot of jobs on Upwork don't have a required location and can be done remotely. Clients have an ability to set up a location requirement on their jobs so that only freelancers located in the area are able to see and send proposals to it. We do appreciate your feedback about having better location filters and will share it with the team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths