cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Job Search - problem with word exclusions not working

Highlighted
Alan S Member Since: Jul 21, 2016
1 of 2

Hi, I am having problems refining my searches. Even though I have entered exclusion words they are often not being passed through the search filter. At the moment I am searching titles only - here is what I have in the seach field after my advanced search:

titleSmiley Sadgame) AND NOT (penetration OR Unity OR css OR C++ OR wordpress OR Wordpress OR art OR Art OR Graphical OR graphical OR front AND end OR C++ AND or AND code AND or AND coder)

However I am still getting jobs with titles and descriptions containing C++, Unity and some of the others. But it is working in some regard as the job results have reduced in number once I started adding exclusions. Perhaps there is a limit on the number of exclusions you can make? Regardless, if this is a bug or the filter does not allow that many, could it please be fixed? It is extremely hard in such a wide field as games development to narrow down searches to managable levels to the specific area I am interested in.

Cheers

Alan

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 2

Hi Alan,

Can you please try:

titleSmiley Sadgame AND NOT (penetration OR Unity OR css OR C++ OR wordpress OR Wordpress OR art OR Art OR Graphical OR graphical OR front OR C\+\+))
~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS