I receive way too many irrelevant results, even using my refined keyword search.
I think that in the end, the only satisfying solution will be to use Upwork API, but it will take me a while to set it up.
For now I wanted to try skills search. As far as I noticed, some projects don't have any skill tag, so unfortunately I'll miss these, but I would use skills search only when I am not in desperate need of getting a project quickly and would browse only the ones, which with a very high probability will interest me.
Unfortunately I tried selecting a couple of my skills and no results were returned. The final search query was:
For me it looks like the query tries to find projects tagged with all these skills. Is there any solution to this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm so thankful Valeria, You saved me so much time, now that I can use better filters!
The problem was: Upwork's advanced filter by skills is bugged and selecting multiple skills there, generates invalid search query, which uses comma delimiter instead of "OR". Hopefully this gets fixed to avoid confusion.
I have refined Your query, so that all skills are between parentheses, this is example query:
skills:(visual-basic OR excel-vba OR vba)
If I used:
skills:(visual-basic) OR excel-vba OR vba
only the first one would be searched within skills, the remaining 2 would be searched in job titles, descriptions, skills - basically everywhere. Perhaps I will do some combination of skill search and normal search.