🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Advice Closing my account
Page options
a_chibuikem
Community Member

Advice Closing my account

Hello,
This is the first time I'm posting here and don't know how things work or where to post this.

I'd like to know if I can close this account and open a new one as I've made many mistakes from submitting proposals to not getting jobs on Upwork. I wish to start afresh and want to know if it is against working on Upwork?
3 REPLIES 3
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

You can only ever have one account on Upwork.  Closing it and opening a new one will get you permanently banned.

Just edit and improve your existing profile. The number of proposals or lack of work that you've had in the past doesn't show in your profile or count against you, so there would be no benefit in having a new account, and you'd lose the one good feedback review that you've already received. Starting all over again wouldn't help you, even if it was allowed (which it's not).

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anselm,

I agree with the advice Mary and Christine provided. I see your account is in good standing and I'd also advise you on updating your profile and approach to submitting proposals. Let us know if you need any advice on a specific part of your profile or process and we'll be more than happy to help.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths