cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on clients with no previous feedback

Jose Daniel C Member Since: Dec 1, 2018
1 of 3

Hello, Upworkers!

I received today an invite for a job from a client who has no previous feedback from any job done in Upwork. The job seems kind of simple and perfectly doable for me, but I am not 100% confident with clients with no background on Upwork. No reviews, no score, nothing to really verify that this person is reliable. He only has another job currently opened for another freelancer and he has already paid 120 dollars to him/her.

What is your opinion/advice on accepting jobs from clients without previous feedback? I don't know what to think.

Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 3

@Jose Daniel C wrote:

I received today an invite for a job from a client who has no previous feedback from any job done in Upwork. The job seems kind of simple and perfectly doable for me, but I am not 100% confident with clients with no background on Upwork. No reviews, no score, nothing to really verify that this person is reliable. He only has another job currently opened for another freelancer and he has already paid 120 dollars to him/her.

What is your opinion/advice on accepting jobs from clients without previous feedback? I don't know what to think.)

I work with new clients all the time and actually really like them. They've not had a chance to become jaded or had a bad experience with other freelancers. Just make sure you have a contract and it is either hourly (properly track your time) or fixed rate and funded.

New clients are nothing to be afraid of in general, and this one is already paying so they at least have a verified payment method...

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
3 of 3

A client. Who pays. 🤔

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS