🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Advice on what to do next
Page options
riccardo_rizza
Community Member

Advice on what to do next

Hi all,

I'd like to get an advice from you.

My profile is currently set up as Copywriter, even if I left Upwork for more than 1 year and a half, so I guess is considered inactive by the platform.

During the last year, I have developed other skills I believe I can use here on Upwork, so my doubt is: should I delete my profile and make another one from scratch, or adapt the one that I already have?

Because in the last case, a client will see that I currently have "X" competences, but my previous client feedbacks are about "Y" competences.

What do you think? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Riccardo R wrote:

should I delete my profile and make another one from scratch, or adapt the one that I already have?

That is not an option. You can only ever have one account, There is no such thing as closing one and starting over.

What I would suggest is that you create two specialized profiles, one for each niche (your old one and your new one). Then just apply with the relevant specialized profile.

It is about deleting the current one and creating a new one from zero.

Yes, I can always apply with the specialized one, but I think client can see that my previous work are related to another niche, no?

Riccardo R wrote:

You'll be permanently banned from Upwork if you do that. It doesn't matter if your previous work is related to a different niche; it's better to have some feedback than to start from scratch anyway. 

BTW, I would remove the top line in your profile about you being a "youngster" - I don't think that's a good selling point.

Riccardo R wrote:

Yes. I know. This is forbidden. This can get you banned.

I think client can see that my previous work are related to another niche, no?

Clients will only see the contracts you link to the specialized profile on your specialized profile.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members