Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Afraid of getting suspended

firdous-mushtaq
ALI MOHD M Member Since: Dec 13, 2017
1 of 5

Hi

I am really afraid of getting suspended. because I sent 10 proposals but unfortunately didn't get any answer  7 of them are still active with few interviews and no hires  Really fed up with this to bid any job because they are just to make fun with freelancers as I think to waste connects. As I joined recently to this platform I landed my first job with a 5-star rating and worked 37 hours what to do suggest me.

Regards

Ali 

madbanditroy
Ace Contributor
Leroy P Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5
Hi:

Like in any job, be it freelance, temporary or permanent, there will be always employers and clients that will take advantage of your services. One client recently cancel a contract because he wasn't willing to compromise on a scene in a screenplay I was polishing. Now I'm in a dispute. I don't like fighting with clients, but I do my best. I wish you luck on your career and finding clients that respects you and your skills.

View solution in original post

r2streu
Community Guru
Randall S Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
3 of 5

You don't get your account suspended for using your connects; that's what they're there for. It takes some time to start landing clients. Keep at it, and don't worry about the status of your account. As long as you're following the TOS, you're fine. 

melaniekhenson
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
4 of 5

You've already landed a job and, as you said, worked 37 hours. Obviously Upwork isn't just playing with you. Man Very Happy You're making money. At first you do need to spend more connects in order to start getting jobs, and feedback. But only 10 jobs isn't coming close to using up all your connects, is it? Apply to a few more but be extremely selective about the jobs you apply to - make sure they are jobs you could absolutely kill, knock right out of the ballpark - and CAREFULLY craft individualized, non-formletter-style proposals. 

As you get more jobs and more positive feedback, you'll start being viewed more seriously when you submit proposals, and in time the clients will come to you (and for those, you aren't using any connects at all). This can happen pretty quickly depending upon a number of factors, but even if it doesn't, if you're bringing in money for Upwork and you're not squeezing out every last connect in order to obtain tiny $10 jobs or something, it's pretty doubtful you'll get suspended based on the amount of connects you're using.

craiggabriel
Community Leader
Craig G Member Since: Jun 20, 2017
5 of 5

You're probably not at all close to where you need to be "afraid." There is indeed a policy of suspending freelancers who send proposals without getting jobs, but it's for people who have sent far more unsuccessful proposals than 10. (Of course they don't tell us exact numbers, but it's clear it's a much larger number.)

Also, it's a function not just of quantity of proposals but quality. If someone is sending out a massive number of copy-and-pasted proposals in botlike fashion to all kinds of jobs including those that don't fit his profile at all, then it's that kind of spamming that can get a freelancer suspended. It doesn't sound at all like that's what you're doing.

So like I say, I don't think you're even close to the point where you need to worry about being suspended for excessive proposals.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS