cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afraid to Apply? Afraid to Accept? I Am

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
41 of 43

Aren't opinions wonderful we don't have to agree. We are all free to feel and think as we choose. 

I started to write out a big long defense on my position, but it doesn't matter that I think like I do nor do I need to justify it.

We will just have to agree to disagree. I did not say that everything about the JS was right. I do like the idea behind the JS as "I feel" it is a better indicatior of how a freelancer performs. Just my two cents and I don't have to agree with you or  you with me.

Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
42 of 43

Suzanne you gave your point of view on refund and i gave mine may be you are right on your point of view and i am right on my point of view and we shouid have to know what others think about it?

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
43 of 43

I second what Sadan stated although my reasoning is slightly different. If the purpose of this score truly was to reflect "job success", it wouldn't just look at the last year or two. ("Recent job success" -- whatever that means, might be more fitting.) And even under its current construction, it's not accomplishing what it's supposed to -- which is helping clients find qualified freelancers faster. One would think, that someone with a 90%+ score would not end up in the hidden folder, right? Well wrong. One would think that whoever has a really high JS and comes with a recommended by oDesk badge has some oDesk experience (beyond 1 or 2 $20 jobs). Well wrong again.

I really appreciate oDesk's effort to clean up the marketplace and help top performs stand out, but I think oDesk might be missing the forest for the trees here. All that these latest badges seem to accomplish is to penalize the exact people it wants on its platform, and open the door for even more spam and fraud. I recently tried to hire and conducted 8 interviews because 6 out of 8 people were frauds, with two provenly not being who they claimed to be. People with fake names, locations, experience, and profiles. And when I reported one of them, all I was told from support that the user was asked to take down the fraudulent content (???). Was he asked to delete his profile? Why are fraudsters requested to comply, just ban them. These are the people that are the problem, and these are the people oDesk can't fight with JS scores and iron badges, they're fought with plain old, consistent and reliable, customer service action.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS