🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » After 4 YEARS, Upwork trying to verify my ban...
Page options
sarobison
Community Member

After 4 YEARS, Upwork trying to verify my bank acct. with amounts they deposited to it FOUR YRS AGO

My bank no longer has records from 4 years ago accessible online.  Is there another way Upwork can verify my bank account?  And, WHY is Upwork suddenly needing to verify it?

3 REPLIES 3
1f32be23
Community Member

Hi Sally

It isn't on upwork. Because we are adding our bank card to upwork, it maybe your bank issuer issue . Please kindly contact with your bank to resolve the issue.

petra_r
Community Member

Oliver B wrote:

It isn't on upwork. Because we are adding our bank card to upwork, it maybe your bank issuer issue . Please kindly contact with your bank to resolve the issue.

Incorrect. It is an Upwork issue and bank account verification is done by depositing small amounts to the account, and those two small amounts have to be entered into the respective fields on Upwork. Nothing the bank can doo unless they can give her the statements from back then.

Sally, the question is less why Upwork are doing this now, and more why you didn't complete the verification back then? Chances are they'll have to send verification amounts again and you'll need Customer Support for that.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sally,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members