🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » After 5 years on Upwork i made the obvious mi...
Page options
maysanch
Community Member

After 5 years on Upwork i made the obvious mistake

Hi All, 

so although I've been here for 5 years I made a naive mistake this time I worked on my last milestone for a job without getting it paid or activated, submitted the work for client opinion, and now they disappeared. clients haven't responded for a week and I'm guessing they won't. I know in this case I'm not protected and will probably close the contract and never get that last payment. My question is if I do and give them my feedback is it possible that they would also leave feedback that would affect my 100% job success score?

3 REPLIES 3
cca13f63
Community Member

I had a situation like this, not very similar but related. I texted him gently about the feedback and its effect. I left him genuine feedback and asked for the same. And he did.

However, I do not think he will ever leave feedback in your case. Just text him about the feedback and its effect, and close the contract.

And I think a contract with 0 earnings has no effect.

Upwork moderator Avery O has said this:

"...if no money exchange hands in a contract, you and your client should still be able to provide private feedback for each other when closing the contract and it will contribute to the freelancer's Job Success score."

Solved: End contract with no earning - Upwork Community

maysanch
Community Member

Thank you Ubaid , he actually did pay all three previous milestones. will probably do as you advised, thanks 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members