🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: After a proposal is submitted, how does t...
Page options
nicknack5
Community Member

After a proposal is submitted, how does the client contact me?

I am new to Upwork. Once I have submitted a proposal, how does the client contact me if they want to discuss it with me? Do they email me?

8 REPLIES 8
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandy,

Welcome to Upwork! If your proposal is accepted you will receive a message from your client and a message room will be created where you can continue negotiating with the client. If the client decides to hire you, they will be able to send you an offer as well. 

Additionally, you may want to check out these resources we put together to help freelancers to get to a safe and successful start.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
florydev
Community Member

You will receive a message through the messaging system, in the menu under messages. You should get an email, see an indicator on the website, and if you have the phone app you will get a notification.

Being new be very cautious with anyone who responds and test what they say logically. Don’t be afraid to ask here what people think here if you have any suspicions.
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sandy N wrote:

I am new to Upwork. Once I have submitted a proposal, how does the client contact me if they want to discuss it with me? Do they email me?

You might want to upload examples of your work in your portfolio section. Without any proof of your abilities, or something nice and shiny to look at, clients will not spend more that a second on your profile before they move on to somebody else's. Competition is huge in your field, and you need to work on grabbing attention. 

Beware of unsolicited invitations. 

rahman_ashfaqur
Community Member

Hello,

If the client wants to intertiew you. You will recieve a message when he accepts your proposal. Then you can talk to client about the job requirements and proceed for the contract.

Best of luck for the future success. 

I have one question. So after I got accepted, During the interview session, What if the client wants to video call me, Does Upwork has a video call functionality or we will do that with 3rd party software like (Zoom, Discord..?)

re: "I have one question. So after I got accepted, During the interview session, What if the client wants to video call me, Does Upwork has a video call functionality or we will do that with 3rd party software like (Zoom, Discord..?)"

That is totally fine.

You were "accepted."

By this, you mean that the client saw your job proposal, and interviewed you or hired you directly, and an official Upwork contract is now in place.

Because you HAVE BEEN HIRED already, you may use any 3rd party tool to communicate. You may use non-Upwork Zoom. You may use Discord. Anything.

Also: You can continue to use the Upwork Messages tool, which has BUILT-IN ZOOM. You can do chat, audio calls, video calls, screensharing, all using Upwork Messages, including with its built-in Zoom tool.

ALSO:

EVEN BEFORE you are hired, you may use the Upwork Messages tool to communicate with the client. You may do video calls with the client BEFORE you are hired, using Upwork Messages.

=======

Question: Before I have been hired, may I use 3rd-party communication tools such as Discord or non-Upwork Zoom to talk to the client?

Answer: No. That is a violation of Upwork ToS. A freelancer could be suspended if he is caught doing that.

93e9f05a
Community Member

Hi

Hello

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members